Chapter 16

ONE YEAR LATER

HYPNOPHOBIA: Fear of sleep or being hypnotised.

"Look at me Caeli!" He yelled "Pay attention! You're meant to know all about my moves, damn it, you've been doing this for a year!"

My eyes snapped open and when they did, Lux's fist was just an inch away from my face. He didn't hit me, he never did but something was off about him. He yelled more than usual,  always pointing out every single mistake I made even though some were just to tease him.

His eyes were redder than usual, almost looked like it was out of pure anger. He added more energy to the training, hitting me at all my weak points and bringing me down with every opportunity he got.

He decided to go shirtless so I could see his muscles and his veins popping out of his arms and chest. It looked like I could make him bleed so much with just a paper cut.

I admire it.

However, in my twelve months of training, I'd never seen Lux look so upset about something before. He was so angry and he kind of poured it on me when I made little mistakes like diverting my attention or moving an arm instead of the other.

It started about a week ago. He suddenly stopped sleeping at night and I noticed that because he couldn't keep it down at night when walking around. It was also obvious in his face, he had little sleep bags underneath his eyes. I knew he couldn't be upset about something that wasn't important.He cared about everything and sometimes it got in the way of him taking care of himself.

In a word, he was selfless.

I'd gotten closer to him. Yeah, I know, you expect me to be closer to Ignis than him cause he's so strict and formal.

Well, we all got it wrong.

It started about a year ago, when he and Ignis convinced me about who I truly was. He convinced me, all Ignis did was to talk about how handsome he was or how he thought we both kissed.

It took time to believe it but after a month or two, I couldn't believe what I could do. This might sound crazy but here it goes.

I could manipulate anything that had to do with nature. I almost thought I was crazy when Lux used a strand of my hair to fix a burnt tree.

Crazy right?

It came back to life immediately and for a moment, it looked like I was watching a Disney movie.

Without any gold pixie dust.

However, Ignis burnt it down immediately to avoid suspicions cause I was the only one with the powers to repair what Xelexia destroyed.

She was a royal and so was I so only I could restore Anel's natural balance.

However, according to Ignis and Lux, Xelexia was very smart. She was pretty much the smartest person in Anel to have successful pulled a rebellion against my mother and all seven tribes at once. In just one night.

She had something to do witchcraft because in my dreams, the birds were possessed. It was obvious in their eyes and the way they repeatedly chanted rhythmically.

I knew where the zombies came from.

There was something about the Royal families in Anel. Their powers were genetic. For instance, my grandfather was a necromancer. He got married to the goddess of nature and gave birth to two daughters, Lynna, goddess of time and Xelexia, goddess of god knows what. Some said she was the goddess of darkness and some said of death because it wasn't really announced during her birth. Even her parents didn't know what she was when she was born so I guess that's where the jealousy started.