(2) Engineer X Reader

--

Short and sweet... Just like Engie.

"You've got the voice of an angel

"You've got the voice of an angel." He spoke, that Southern accent of his merely honey-coating his words.

(Y/n) giggled and blushed furiously. "You really think so?"

The Texan replied with a shining smile, "Of course."

(Y/n) emitted the sweet and soothing hum of tune, while the Engineer tinkered with a small project of his.

She would often accompany the man in his workshop, or assist him with an experiment. Typically, she would perch herself atop a workbench and sing quietly. The Engineer secretly adored the time she spent with him.

"Always willing to keep me company aren't you." He chuckled.

Her humming ceased, and she smiled. "I feel like you get a little lonely."

Engineer turned away from the cluttered desk-top, a toothy smile adorning his face. He removed his hard-hat, and lifted his goggles to sit on his forehead.

"Never." he lied, averting his eyes sheepishly. "Well, not now that you're here..."

(Y/n) gently kicked her legs as they dangled over the workbench. She giggled upon noticing two thick dark rings surrounding his eyes; indicating where his goggles usually sit. Engineer eyed the girl for a moment, taking in little details of her being. The way her hair framed her face caught his attention. Her eyes shimmered, and that gorgeous smile of hers made his heart melt.

Engineer reached out to the girl, motioning her over to him. "Get over here, darling."

She jumped from the workbench and scurried into his arms, hugging him tightly. The Texan chuckled as he began to sway in their embrace, softly running a hand through her hair all the while.

He whispered, "You're sweeter than honey."

(Y/n) laughed lightly. "I should be saying that to you."

She peered up at the man, pecking him on the lips quickly.

"I love you." She cooed.