(1) Sniper X Reader

--

Like an arrow to the heart.

A cool breeze whisked through a warm summer night

A cool breeze whisked through a warm summer night. A full moon had rose, illuminating the star-littered sky. (Y/n) perched atop the roof of the base, simply stargazing.

Her mind wandered aimlessly, dabbling on numerous thoughts. However, many consisted of a certain friend of hers. It seemed that as time had passed after joining the team, (Y/n) had developed a strong crush on the man.

Little did the girl know, the Aussie often admired the girl whenever they happened to be near. Whether it be amidst a gruesome battle or just sitting at the dining table, he only ever had heart eyes for her.

A sudden sound of heavy footsteps made (Y/n) turn. She faced the direction of the noise and smiled once seeing the figure.

"Hey Sniper." She spoke, watching as the man sat beside her.

He smile. "Hey love."

For a moment, the pair stared at the stars, unknowing of words to say. Upon glancing at the Sniper, (Y/n) noticed his rather anxious movements. He fidgeted, and twiddled with his fingers, all the while making sneaky glances to the girl beside him.

"You ok?" She quizzed.

The man sighed. "Yeah, I'm fine..." He trailed off. "Actually, I'd like to talk to you about something."

(Y/n) shifted her body around and faced Sniper, an obscure feeling growing inside her.

"What is it?" She asked.

Sniper brought a hand to the back of his neck. "Well, you see, I've had a crush on you for some time now. You're just-" He paused. "You're perfect to me."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened in shock, all the while a blush etched itself across her face. She only hoped that the pale moonlight would hide it.

"Sniper?"

His eyes met her own.

"I like you too."

With a swift motion, the Aussie had pulled (Y/n) close and kissed her sweetly. The girl felt herself melt at the long-desired sensation.

Soon the pair pulled away, and locked eyes; never daring to avert their gazes.

They whispered in unison. "I love you."