Stefan - I'll take very good care of you

request: do you think you could do a story where katherine has to help a sick stefan?

Stefan never showed up at Katherine's door that night. Katherine kind of felt let down. She hadn't seen it coming. It didn't look like Stefan to not show up for a little fun, but she let it slide and went to bed. The next morning she was having breakfast with the Salvatores, but when they sat by the table, neither Damon or Stefan were there.

"Mr. Salvatore, where are your sons on this delightful day? I had hoped to meet them this morning." Katherine asked politely.

"Damon is in town with some of his friends from the confederacy," Giuseppe said. "And I'm afraid that Stefan has fallen ill over the night."

"My God!" Katherine exclaimed. "May I please go see him?"

"Yes of course. Take your time."

Katherine made a gesture and took off to Stefan's room. When she opened the door, she saw Stefan on the bed, sleeping with his arms over his head and a blanket around his waist. a damp towel were laid on his forehead and he seemed to weak and fragile. So pale.

Katherine sat on the bed and let her finger's dance over Stefan's temples until he stirred awake and smiled softly.

"You never showed up for our date. I got worried." Katherine said.

"I'm so sorry miss Pierce." Stefan said and seemed to genuinely regret that he got sick. Katherine kissed his head and furrowed her brows.

"You're so warm." She said.

"Yes," Stefan said and breathed out shakily. "I am well aware."

He tried to sit up, but Katherine pushed him back and told him to stay down. He protested heavily so she kissed his cheek comfortingly. She said that he was gonna get him some tea. Then she left the room and went downstairs.

"Your poor son seems so feverish, Mr Salvatore. I bet he will have to stay in bed for a while but no worries, I have been told that I am a very good nurse and he will be back to health in no time. For now I would like to make him some tea. My maid has some great herbs." Katherine said and rushed to the kitchen, starting to boil water.

When she came back to Stefan's room with the tea, she saw him sitting on the bed. He was panting and had pulled the towel off of his forehead. Katherine placed the mug on Stefan's desk and sat behind him. She rubbed his back soothingly.

"Miss Katherine, my stomach is turning so bad. It hurts so much. It hurts so much." Stefan complained close to tears. Katherine handed him the mug and helped him drink a little. Then she gently pushed him to lay down. Stefan choked down a cry of pain.

"My darling, my darling," Katherine mumbled, wetting another cloth for Stefan's forehead. "Maybe you ate something bad?"

Stefan was still panting hard. Katherine rubbed Stefan's cheek.

"We should have your temperature checked. You seem dangerously feverish," Katherine said but Stefan immediately looked at her with those begging puppy dog eyes.

"Stop doing that," She said harshly. Maybe a little too harsh. "You know, I'm only doing it for your own good. I can do it, your father can do it or your maid can do it. It's your choice, but we are doing this one way or the other."

Stefan gave up.

"I don't want it," He said. "I don't care who does it. I just don't want it."

Katherine shrugged and went downstairs. She told the maid her opinion on the temperature taking and the maid didn't dare to disagree, so she grabbed the thermometer and went to Stefan's room.

"I'm gonna take your temperature, sweetheart," she said. Then she pushed Stefan's pants and underwear down and separated his buttocks. Stefan took a deep breath as the tip was inserted and moved just a tiny bit. The maid left the room when the long minutes had passed and Katherine reentered.

"That wasn't so bad now, was it?" She said. Stefan huffed a little and she pulled the blankets up around his shoulders.

"Get some sleep now darling. Your body has to break through that fever. I will see you first thing tomorrow."

And she did. Stefan wasn't much better, but after nursing him all day, he finally got better.