Stefan - misery (part two)

1857

Damon quickly threw a cotton shirt over his shoulders, buttoned it carelessly and ran downstairs. He almost fell on the stairs, stumbled a couple of steps and regained his balance. The older Salvatore quickly made his way to his father's bedroom. He stood still, trying to catch his breath before knocking on the door. The knob was twisted and the door opened and revealed the tired face of Giuseppe. Damon paled as he realized that he hadn't paid a simple thought to the fact that he didn't know what to say.

"What is wrong, Damon. I am tired. I need a good night's sleep," Giuseppe complained and almost shut the door in Damon's face.

"Stefan is ill!" Damon quickly blurred out and Giuseppe reopened the door.

"He's in pain. A lot of pain. Please help him."

Giuseppe sighed visibly but pushed his anger aside and followed Damon to the room. Already when walking up the stairs, they were able to hear Stefan's wails through the walls.

"He needs to stop screaming like that..." Giuseppe mumbled.

"He's in pain, Father. It's not his fault."

Damon pushed the door open. Stefan's quickly caught Damon's eyes and quieted his cries to sobs. Damon smiled a little and found his little brother's courage inspiring. Damon sat on the bed and looked at their father.

"He puked ten minutes ago." He said. "He seemed to be in a lot of pain and I was doubting what to do."

"Cordelia can bring some herb mix tea for him," Giuseppe said. "And then he needs to sleep."

Damon was aware of that. In fact, he knew his father's response before he even knocked on the door, because that was the way it was. If herbs wouldn't help, nothing would. And Stefan knew it too. As soon as Giuseppe left again, Stefan's crying reappeared and Damon tried to calm him once again.

"I am not ever going to get better, Damon. I will not ever be able to eat again!" He cried hard.

"You have got to relax, Stefan. You'll make yourself sick again."

And Stefan tried. He tried hard but 15 minutes later, he was puking again. He got dehydrated and exhausted so Damon gently forced him to lay down and fall asleep. Stefan finally succeeded

When he woke up in the morning, he still wasn't feeling to well. He drank Cordelia's herb mix tea though and seemed to be able to keep it down. Damon kept him on bedrest and promised a whole day of card games on the mattress.