Damon - I'll let you play nurse

Request: Can you do one where Damon is sick like throwing up and everything and Stefan takes care of him

Stefan heard the splashing sounds as soon as he walked into the house. He had just returned home from school and his worry increased immediately.

"Damon?" He asked with concern as he rushed upstairs to Damon's bathroom. He saw Damon leaning over the toilet bowl, throwing up. Stefan gasped, rushing over, dropping to his knees behind his brother and pressed his hand against Damon's forehead. Damon shook his head and swatted Stefan's hand away.

"Go away, Stefan. Leave me alone." Damon said.

"No," Stefan said and dug out a thermometer from the medicine cabinet. He pressed it into Damon's ear, but to his surprise, Damon ripped it out and faced him with a furious glare. Stefan backed down a little, before realising that Damon was about to get what he wanted, and so Stefan decided to be stubborn. He puffed out his chest to make himself look bigger. Then he crossed his arms and looked carelessly at Damon.

He shouldn't have. He so shouldn't have. Because now Damon let his flat hand fly across Stefan's cheek, leaning a burning sensation that caused Stefan to tear up. He looked at Damon with hurt and mistrust in his poor eyes. Then he ran off to his own room. He couldn't believe it. Damon had never caused him any harm ever, and now he hit him. It was so unlike Damon.

Damon couldn't believe it either. He had hit Stefan. His little brother, whom he had sworn to protect at all costs and now he was the cause of the flushed cheek. And the look in Stefan's eyes. That hurt, sad, mistrusting look had made Damon feel more guilt than ever and it broke his heart.

As soon as his stomach was empty, and he couldn't throw up anymore, he went to Stefan's room, knocking twice before opening the door.

"Fine, I'll let you play nurse," He said. "But only if you let me handle that cheek of yours first,"

Stefan nodded a little and followed Damon to his older brother's bathroom. Damon picked his little brother up easily, ignoring the nausea in his stomach and instead placing Stefan on the counter.

"Damon-," Stefan protested.

"Hush now, little brother. We're taking turns remember? I'm the nurse first, then you get to be it."

Then Damon grabbed some of his soothing gel and spread it across Stefan's red cheek, ignoring the fact that Stefan flinched visibly at the contact. As soon as Damon finished, they looked at each other in silence.

"I like when you take care of me," Stefan said. "I hoped that you would like me taking care of you too."

"I'm a lonely wolf by choice, you know that. Plus, you're my baby brother. I'm supposed to take care of you."

"Then who will take care of you?" Stefan asked.

"I will. I can handle myself."

Stefan nodded a bit and then Damon told him to get on with the nursing-game. Stefan quickly took Damon's temperature which wasn't too high but definitely a fever. Then he made Damon take some pills and pulled him to bed.

"I'm gonna make you tea and find you some salty crackers," Stefan said rushing downstairs, leaving his brother with nothing but a smile. When Stefan returned, he placed a cool cloth on Damon's head and placed the tea and crackers on the night stand. Damon then pulled him onto the bed next to him and pulled him closed. Stefan let it happen confusedly.

"My best cure is you," Damon whispered.