~t h i r t e e n~

~~~~~~~

Jimin started running.

This was it. He was finally going back home. Back to his kingdom, back to his family, back to his duties.

He loved the land, and maybe he'd come back one day, but he was just ready to go. He was ready to freely embrace who he truly is and what he hasn't felt like for years.

A merman.

3 long bus rides later, Jimin arrived at his former house with Jin, ready to meet the guards who will escort him back to his parents. He stood at the door taking a few deep breaths to calm his nerves before he walked in.

"Jin hyung?" He called out, hearing some voices in the kitchen. The voices stopped immediately once they heard his and Jimin couldn't bring himself to enter the room so he just stood outside of the arched door.

Jin was the first to emerge from the kitchen, pulling Jimin into a tight hug.

"Is it true, hyung?" Jimin asked, holding on tight. "Is it really time?"

"Yes, Jimin, it is."

The two guards stood next to eachother as Jin pulled away from the hug, keeping his arm around Jimin though as he turned to introduce the guys.

But before he could speak, they dropped to one knee and held their right arms at a 90° angle in front of their bent heads.

"Prince Park Jimin of Azharei, we are honored to make your acquaintance," Taehyung spoke up.

"Oh please don't bow," Jimin smiled, grabbing Taehyung's arm and pulling him up to stand. When he saw the confused look on the taller's face, he chuckled to himself before also making Jungkook stand. "I'm not really used to it," he shrugged.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, Rank 4 Guard in Training."

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung-ssi," Jimin said with another smile. He really is excited, so excited that he didn't even put together why the second guard looked so familiar and so sad.

"J-Jeon Jungkook," the youngest spoke up.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkoo- *GASP* JUNGKOOK?!" He yelled, grabbing into the boy and hugging him real tight. Jungkook almost lost the air in his poor lungs.

"Wait. Oh! You're General Jeon's son! I knew you seemed familiar!" Jin remembered.

"You all know eachother?!" Taehyung questioned, really confused.

"Jungkookie and I were best friends before I was forced to leave," Jimin began, pulling away from Jungkook due to the younger frantically tapping on his shoulder for release. "We were the only guppies in the castle. We only had eachother. Oh! I'm so sorry I left without a message! I wanted to talk to you but there was no time-"

"I know, hyung." Jungkook spoke up once he regulated his breathing.

"We have so much to catch up on! You're a guard now? Look at my Kookie, he has muscles! You must be getting all the ladies!" Jimin poked Jungkook's arm with a cheeky smile, embarrassing him.

"He's actually never dated before! Can you believe that?!"

"TAEHYUNG?!" Jungkook interrupted, not liking how he's being picked on by both of his hyungs.