Prologue

~~~

"Hyungsik! It's not safe anymore!" The queen told her husband, holding her sleeping child in her arms. "He can't stay here any longer." A tear rolled down her cheek as she looked down at her baby boy. He's not an actual baby, he's 10, but he's small enough to be carried by his mother, he's also lighter underwater.

"I know. It pains me to do this but, he needs to go somewhere else. For the time being, so he's not caught in all of this."

"Let me go with him!"

"Baby, you know you can't. What would the mer of Azharei say if their queen suddenly disappeared?" The words made Boyoung shed more tears, because she knew it was true.

"Ok, then where do we send him? The Atlantic? Pacific? Mediterranean?" Hyungsik shook his head.

"No, we have to completely take him out of harms way." Boyoung's eyes widened, her already big eyes standing out.

"You don't mean?"

"Yes, we must send him on land."

"He's not fluent in their languages yet!" She cried.

"I have that accounted for already, just be ready to send him off tomorrow night. I have to go prepare everything."

"Hyungsik!" She yelled as he turned away, making him stop. "This is our baby! We can't just-" her voice faltered as her sobs took over. Hyungsik swam back over to his wife, cupping her cheeks and watching as her tears became one with the ocean around them.

"He is our baby. That's exactly why we have to do this. I don't want to send him away as much as you do, but we have to keep him safe. These- these traitors? They cant take him away from us. I will protect him if it's the last thing I do."

The next day, the King and Queen had a talk with the young Prince, trying to get him to understand but ultimately, he was only 10, so he didn't really get why he had to leave, just that he would be apart from his family. There were tears, but they knew what they had to do.

Boyoung placed a sleeping spell on Jimin that night. He would sleep through the whole transition.

"This hurts my soul."

"I know Babe, I know."

Boyoung tied a necklace around her baby's neck, with a note inside. She placed a lock spell on it, so that Jimin would be able to open it when he's old enough, she hoped that he wouldn't lose it.

They soon took off, they had to swim in order to not cause attention. They met a male named Seokjin at the opening of a cave, he guided them in. They all broke the surface of the water, the guards staying at the opening of the cave just in case.

Seokjin performed his spell, which granted him legs and he pulled himself up over the ledge, onto the ground. He went over to the side of the cave where he prepared clothes beforehand. He dresses himself before turning back to the royals.

"Pass me the child." He said, reaching out for Jimin. Boyoung reluctantly handed her child over, she watched as his breathing got heavier since he isn't used to being above the water, it was normal, but still hard to watch.

Seokjin laid Jimin down and sung the spell again, aiming at the little boy, who then went from maid to man.

He went to the side of the cave and picked up the clothes he brought for Jimin. He dressed the little boy before looking up to the parents one last time and bowing.

"Please protect him."

"With my life."

~~~

Coming soon

Summer of 2019