~t e n~

~~~

"And that is why coral reefs are endangered. Your assignment is to create a model of a dying coral reef and to write a paper on how your coral was affected by pollution," Namjoon spoke to his class. "There's the time! Get out!" He said with a smile, gesturing to the door. After many kids started putting away their materials, he walked over to his desk, organizing papers and other teacherly things.

Jimin zipped up his backpack and stood up, ready to leave. As he was headed to the door, he suddenly had a question pop in his mind, making him turn back around and walk towards his teacher's desk.

"Professor Kim?"

"Oh please, Jimin. No one is here, you can call me Namjoon," he smiled again. "What's up?"

"Ok...Namjoon, how would the deaths of coral reefs affect ocean life?" He wondered.

"Well," Namjoon started, "the population of fish would decrease due to the lack of shelter they have. Not only fish, there are sponges, eels, sharks, jellyfish... corals are very important to marine life. Corals also regulate the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. They have an algae which produces oxygen. If corals become extinct, a lot would be affected."

"That's so interesting," Jimin says as he pulls up a chair from a desk to sit across from his teacher. "Is there a way to save them?"

"Well...not exactly, I do have a theory thought."

"What is it?" Jimin asked, eyes wide. He's never really this interested in things, but ever since he began this class, he's fell in love with the ocean and it's species and yearns to know more about them since he can't physically be there to see.

"Well- ah nevermind, I couldn't possibly tell you."

"What? Why not?" Jimin questioned.

"There's no way you would believe me!" Namjoon chuckled, typing something onto his computer.

"Just tell me!" He whined.

"I couldn't."

"I'll tell Jin hyung that you're depriving me of my education!" Jimin threatened.

"Ok fine!" Namjoon sighed before reluctantly standing up and walking over to a shelf.

"What are you doing?" Jimin questioned.

"Jimin. Do you believe in miracles?" The said male was taken aback, not believing that this man of science would ask him such a thing.

"Huh?"

"Miracles," Namjoon continued as he grabbed a jar and turned around. Jimin could barely see what was inside as Namjoon walked to a student's desk in the lab that had a microscope on it. Jimin stood up and followed when Namjoon waved him over. "Do you believe in them?"

"I guess."

"Well how about metamorphosis?"

"I mean, yeah. Caterpillars turn to butterflies, tadpoles turn into frogs. What's your point?"

"What if they could be merged together to create something extraordinary?" Namjoon opened the jar and picked up a pair of tweezers that was sitting next to him. Jimins eyes widened when he saw what the man pulled out of the jar.

It was a piece of skin.

"What the heck?" Jimin questioned, making Namjoon chuckle softly.

"I know what you're thinking, it's a piece of skin. But just wait, it gets better." Namjoon placed the skin on the microscope plate and placed it under the microscope. He looked through the lens at the close up of the skin. He passed it over to Jimin to see.