Chapter 36 - Distractions

The next morning I wake to the smell of bacon and eggs. The bed is empty which means Yoongi must have left for work already. Wandering out into the living room I halt in my tracks...

"What the..."

Jimin and Beth are sat on the couch eating bacon and eggs with pancakes.

"Finally!" Beth moans. "Sleeping beauty has graced us with her presence"

I blink and look around "Why are you here?"

"Oh good to see you too bestie!" she pulls a face at me.

"Sorry I just meant..."

"Nah girl come on I'm just kidding". She pats the spot next to her and I sit down.

"Ice boy called me. Told me what happened". She puts an arm around my shoulder.

Jimin gives us a confused look but can't speak due to the sheer volume of bacon he's shoved in his mouth.

"She means Yoongi" I tell him.

He looks even more confused now.

"So we're here to take you out for the day OK?"

"Wait..." I look at her "Yoongi called you?" I'm trying to imagine this.

"He said he had to work and didn't want to leave you by yourself."

"And what am I? Invisible?" Jin pipes up as he walks into the living room carrying more food.

"He thought she could use a friend OK?" she says to him a little sharply.

"I am a friend!"

"A girlfriend Jinnie"

"Oh. Well I'm not one of those."

"Exactly. Rosie I'm so sorry this is happening. Are you OK? You should have called me last night"

"I'm fine Beth. And anyway it was late"

"I can't believe there's some shithead out there doing this to you!" she looks mad.

"I know."

Jimin finally manages to swallow enough of his food to actually speak. "Don't worry Rosie, you'll be safe here. There's four of us in this building with you and we won't leave you by yourself for a second until the police sort it" He gives me a reassuring smile.

"Here" Jin hands me a plate of bacon and eggs. "I know I said I'd give you the privilege of cooking for me today but... just this once..." he winks.

"Thanks Jin. And don't worry, I know I still owe you a home cooked British meal, I haven't forgotten".

I tuck into my breakfast and try to forget about last night. "So what's the plan for today then?"

"Let's go get some coffee first and then see where we end up" Beth announces. "Of course you can have your weird British tea..." I roll my eyes.

"And cookies!" Jimin adds.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Beth turns to face him. It's strange how he doesn't seem to have an effect on her anymore. Just a few weeks ago she seemed head over heels.

-----------------------------------------

The four of us end up spending most of the day together.

First we go get drinks (and cookies of course) at a nearby cafe. Then we head over to a small shopping mall for some retail therapy, but the guys somehow end up coming out with more bags than we do.