Chapter 21 - Search

My scream echoes off the walls and I struggle to get out of his grip.

"Rosie what the fuck"

I stop struggling and look behind me.

"Yoongi! Oh thank all the gods"

"What the hell is going on? I've been trying to call you to let you know about the power"

"Someone followed me. They chased me, I swear. I don't know where they went, but it was a guy, he had a red hoodie on... he was outside the apartment building"

I ramble and stutter through my words and eventually he pulls me into his chest.

"Calm down ok? Are you sure of this?"

"Yes"

He grabs my hand "Come on".

As we approach our apartments Jin appears in their doorway. "Ah, you found her".

Yoongi fills him in on what happened whilst keeping me clamped to his side.

"But the power is still out! Whoever it was could be in the building!" Jin says.

"I know. We need to check through the building. There's no point calling the police, they wouldn't turn up for hours and they'll not be interested unless something actually happened anyway".

Yoongi turns to me "Rosie, listen to me, go and wait in your apartment and lock the door, we'll check the rest of the building".

At his words I start to panic. No no no I can't do that. I don't want to be left on my own. I'm scared shitless. Someone just chased me in the dead of night and they could be in the building listening to us right now.

He must see the fear in my eyes because he suddenly pulls me against him again.

"shh it's OK, sorry, I wasn't thinking, I won't leave you OK?"

Jin takes his phone out and starts dialling. "I'll get Hobi and Jimin up here, we'll go"

Once Jin leaves with Hoseok and Jimin, all armed with torches and Jin randomly carrying a baseball bat, me and Yoongi go to wait for them in my apartment.

He brings some candles from their place and starts lighting them and putting them around my living room.

Once we have plenty of light he sits on the sofa with me "Did you see his face? The guy?"

I shake my head "No. It was too dark."

"I came over to check on you when the power went out. See if you needed any candles or anything. When I realised you must still be at Beth's I tried calling you"

"We were having a movie night so I had my phone on silent. Sorry"

"I was just worried. That's why I went looking for you."

There he goes being all sweet again.

We're silent for a few minutes before he wonders out loud "Why would someone chase you like that?"

I'm asking myself the exact same thing.

The text and the voicemail are one thing. I put them down to someone trying to scare me. But to be followed and chased. Could the two be linked or was it just some random guy? A weirdo. An opportunist? It's not exactly that safe out on the streets of New York at this hour by yourself, as Beth tried to warn me.

I can already hear her saying I told you so when she finds out. I decided not to tell her about this until tomorrow. She'll only freak. So I sent her a quick message letting her know I was home and left it at that.