Chapter 25 - Korean feast

"Urgh, pleeeeease for the love of all that's holy in this world, don't make me eat any more pizza" I complain.

Beth rolls her eyes at me "Girl, you're the one who chose New York, pizza is life here".

"I don't care where I chose to live. I'm not eating any more pizza, I'm sick of it. Can't we at least order Chinese or something?"

We've been working on our English assignment at my apartment all afternoon and decided we'd treat ourselves to take out for dinner. But, as is becoming quite normal for us, we can't decide on what to order.

Beth is just getting ready to plead her case for pizza again when there's a knock on my door and we both look around.

"Expecting ice boy tonight?" she teases.

"Err... not that I know of but..."

"He likes to turn up for make out sessions, yeah I get it. Just... get rid of him, it's girl's night remember..."

"I know I know" I wave her off as I head to the door. Tomorrow is our date, I don't see why he would turn up today.

I check the peep hole first.

"Oh!" I exclaim.

"It's not him?" Beth asks.

"It's Jin" I look back at her and notice her demeanour changes. She sits up a little straighter.

Jin's muffled voice through the door makes me jump.

"These doors are not sound proof you know. I know you see my handsome yet distorted face through your peep hole".

Chuckling to myself I open the door and find him leaning up against it.

"Good evening neighbour" he says in a funny voice.

"Can I help you Jin?" I say back in an equally silly voice and he laughs.

"Well, as a matter of fact you can, you see my roommate and I have been slaving away over dinner for the last hour and it occurred to us that not once since you moved in have we ever invited our lovely new neighbour over to eat with us."

"You guys cooked?!"

"Well actually I didn't do much, your playmate did most of it".

I smack him on the arm and he ducks away then carries on as if nothing happened.

"But yes, a traditional Korean feast awaits if you'd like to join us?"

I'd love to try Korean food, especially over boring pizza, and particularly since Yoongi cooked it. But I'm conscious of Beth and our girls night.

"I think I'll have to pass Jin. As amazing as that sounds, Beth and I..."

"Oh!" he suddenly notices Beth perched on my sofa across the room and puts on his funny voice again "Another guest! Even better. There's a whole mountain of food. And the more people my roommate can show off his cooking skills to and gloat, the happier he'll be" he winks.

"That does really sound amazing Jin... but we were supposed to be having a girls..."

Beth jumps to her feet and cuts me off "We'd love to!"

She saunters over and grabs my hand "Come on Rosie, this is your chance to dodge pizza".

"Beth, you were the one who said..."

"Ah who cares what I said, come on girl, we can't turn down an invitation like this".

Shaking my head at Beth and her fickleness I grab my keys and follow them across the hall.