Chaoter twenty one

Start from the beginning

Padmè!

I ignited the foreign design blue blade and dashed out, ducking and weaving over towards the carriage-taking as many droids out as I could along the way. Doing a jump that I really didn't have the energy for and landed on the other aide of the upturned chariot, a saber immediately pointed towards me.

"Whoa whoa! Friend not foe!" I exclaimed above the blazing blaster fire, raising my hands a little and showing the saber as I stood back up tall.

"(Y/n)?!" I suddenly heard a voice I'd longed to hear exclaim with surprise.

"Anakin?!" I replied with an equal amount of shock and joy. Forgetting the world around us we both stared into each other's eyes with delight, as though we'd been apart for weeks rather than hours.

"As sweet as this is, we have have more battle droids incoming!" Padmè suddenly called back over her shoulder to us while firing off a few shots.

"Fair point, we can chat later." I stated before force pushing a group of droids back into a tangled heap of metal limbs.

"I'm counting on it." I heard Anakin reply while stepping to defend the left aide of me while Padmè remained of the right. For a senator she sure was good with a blaster, I doubt I could be a better shot. While fighting I glance up at the stands to see Dooku looking down on us like we're nothing to him, our eyes meeting for a moment. A frown creases my lips and my eyes narrow as I make the rash decision to go after him.

"Anakin look after Padmè I'll be right back!" I call across, dashing away before he even has the chance to look round. I cannot let Dooku get away, not only did he try to have my friends killed...but I still have questions I want him to answer.
Ignoring the fact that all Jedi appear to be retreating back to the centre I keep ducking weaving and running over towards his platform. However I'm forced to stop when a hand comes down on my shoulder, slowing me right down to a halt.

"(Y/n) no, he's to powerful to take on alone, I don't want to see you die today alongside so many others." The calm tone of Obi-wan explains in a voice laced with meaning and sorrow. It was oddly sentimental of the Jedi master, but also exactly what I needed to hear. He was indeed right, to many Jedi had died already today...facing Dooku alone in anger, it would be a grave mistake. I didn't reply to him, I just gave a small nod to show I understood and joined him in our hasty retreat back towards the other remaining Jedi.

I felt a pang of sorrow strike my heart and seeing so many of my friends and allies lying dead across the floor and the feet of merciless droids. This was a dark day in the history of the Jedi, and I fear it was not over yet...

"You have fought valiantly Master Windu, an effort worthy of recognition in the Jedi archives," Dooku, the high and nightly fiend announced down to us all, address Mace directly who was located near the front with my master close by twirling her saber. "But now you have the choice, either surrender...or be executed where you stand." He practically threatened. I was seething when I felt a soothing presence move behind me and reach across to squeeze my free hand. As I looked back my nerves were calmed by a cool Icy blue stare, once telling me that everything g would be alright in the end.

"We will not become pawns for you to bag in with." Mace declared back in the true style of his persona. It's no wonder Kaida turned out so strong...

"Then, I'm sorry my friend." Dooku replied before waving a hand for the droids to advance. My and Anakin moved back to back, hearts pounding in time with one another as we waited for the onslaught to begin again.

'I love you.'
He said through the force while trailing one hand down again to take mine.

"I know.."
I whispered aloud while giving it a little squeeze.