Chapter 11

(Sorry for the shut the eff part. I just went with it when I was writing! Hope you still enjoy! :)  )

  Chapter 11

Master Duvall came soon after Richard called. “Master Duvall, what is wrong with her? Is something I did?”

       “It is nothing you did wrong, Erik.” He sat her up on the bed. “This is none of your fault.”

       “Then you know what’s wrong with her?” I asked hopefully.

       “Yes—I do.”

       “Can you help her? Please, say you can.”

       “She’s just one of those people that can’t change completely. Something’s different about her so she can’t be changed all the way. She may even have fangs, but she is not a fully changed vampire.”

       “Then what does that mean. . .? She’ll still be mine forever, won’t she?” If I could cry I would. This isn’t supposed to be how it goes.

       “This is rare, very rare indeed. I’ve only heard of this happening a few times. I have no clue if she’ll get older or not. Technically, she would be in no shape to be walking around or anything with her heartbeat this slow.” Master Duvall motioned at me to follow him. “Come on, Erik, we need to talk.”

       He wants to talk while Melinda is passed out? I think not. I followed him anyway though just out of respect for him. “What do you possibly need to talk about? My soon to be wife is passed out in bed. This had better be pretty damn important!”

       “Calm yourself Mister Henderson. This may help her. That’s what I need to talk about with you.”

       “How are you going to help her?”

       “We can bring her to Kent. He has vampire doctors there; very smart too, they can help her.” He’s lost it. Does he really think that is a good idea?

       “How about no way in—“

       “Do you want her to get better or not? This is your only chance. Make amends with Kent and his family.”

       “Maybe I don’t want to! Can’t you do something, anything?”

       “You are throwing a tantrum like a little boy, stop it Erik. If you care about her like you say you do, you’ll take her to him.”

       “I happen to distrust our ‘King’. Melinda is safer here.” She is not leaving my sight, especially not to go to Kent’s.

       Master Duvall shook his head. “Sometimes Erik, you are incredibly foolish. Get over this rivalry you have and help Melinda. Do this for her, if you love her.”

       “Fine,” I said exasperated, “I’ll take her.”

       “Finally you’ve come to see reason. She’ll be fine there. I’m sure you can even stay with her.”

       “I’m staying whether they want me to or not.” And with that I left holding Melinda in my arms.

       “Melinda, if you can hear me, know this, I love you more than you’ll ever know. I’m about to do something unheard of just for you.”

       A million years seemed to pass by the time I parked by Kent’s real house. Melinda, that’s the reason I’m here, I reminded myself. He came out from his front door. “Erik! Erik Henderson, it’s a surprise to see you here!” His smile was obnoxious. “What brings you here?” He sees Melinda limp against my chest. “Oh, she’s why you’re here. Let me tell you, this wasn’t me, I haven’t bothered Melinda in a week or so.”