Chapter 14

(Hope you guys enjoy! There are probably only a few more chapters to this story! :) )

Chapter 14

  “Melinda run!” She tried picking up her speed, but her ball gown was too humongous. I picked her up in my arms and started running as fast as I could. Master Duvall already had the car started.

       “Get in quickly you two!” he said and started driving as soon as we got in. “Hold on tight we have to lose them. Will you be okay Melinda?”

       “Yeah, I’ll be fine, just get me away from that place,” she said with a few stray tears running down her face.

       We were flying down back roads, going about one hundred miles per hour. I sat in the back holding Melinda tight. I kissed her on the lips. “I’m glad you’re mine again,” I whispered in her ear.

       “Me too, except I always was yours, Kent had my memories messed with.” She put her head in my chest, and I played with her hair until we abruptly stopped at some abandoned building. “What’s this place?”

       “Somewhere they won’t find you two. I’m going home just stay put here for a few days, understand Melinda, Erik?”

       “I understand,” she replied.

       “I understand too,” I sighed. Master Duvall got back in my truck and drove away. “Well, let’s go see if this thing won’t break if two people are in it,” I laughed lightly. “Did I tell you, you look beautiful in that dress?”

       “No, you didn’t,” she smiled that flawless smile of hers. “These shoes are awful though—I mean look at this heel,” she laughed and lifted up her dress to show her heels. Why was she perfect? My heart was fluttering in my chest as I took her hand walking into the building.

       “You’re gonna be stuck in that dress for a day or two, you know. I mean I sure as hell don’t mind, but I’m sure you’d like something comfier,” I grinned at her.

       “I would like something comfortable to put on.” I went and sat on the couch, the only piece of furniture in here, and took off my shirt. “What are you doing? Put your shirt back on Erik.”

       “You said you wanted something comfy, have my shirt, just sleep in my shirt and your underwear.”

       “You’d like that wouldn’t you?”

       “I won’t mind,” I smirked at her.

       I helped her take off the dress and put my t-shirt over her head. Even wearing my shirt she was incredibly sexy. “Erik?” she put her arms around me.

       “Yes? What is it Melinda?”

       “Are we still going to get married?”

       “Of course, why wouldn’t we?”

       “Because we’re probably gonna have to keep running. They won’t let us go that easy Erik.” I loved the way she says gonna.

       “That doesn’t phase me. There are preachers everywhere; someone will hitch us,” I laughed loudly. “Now sleep, you’ve had a rough day, sleep tight.”

       “Not yet—I’m not tired. Can we—“

       “Can we what?” Her lips pressed against mine. I knew exactly what she wanted. I kissed her back, roughly throwing her on the couch, me on top. I stopped myself though, remembering what I had done the night before.