Chapter 16

Chapter 16

        Melinda

   This dress will blow Erik away, I thought looking at my dress hung on in our closet. When they put me in that dress I knew it was the one, beautiful, with beading on the top, and tight on my waist. The place we went to was a special, secret, bridal boutique that somehow only vampires knew about. If we would’ve gone somewhere else many questions would have been asked that I wouldn’t know the answers to. Someone knocked, “Melinda, can I come in?”

       “Give me a second,” I closed the closet, “okay, come in.” He greeted me with a kiss. “Did you miss me?”

       “Did I miss you? What a silly question!” His lips pressed against mine again, and he put me on the bed softly kissing on top of me. “Do you think I missed you, hmm?” he whispered in my ear.

       “Yes—you definitely missed me,” I said in between kisses. “I missed you too.” Another knock made us stop.

       “Who’s there?” Erik asked sitting me up on our bed.

       “Andy, Your Majesty, may I come in?”

       “Yes, come in." He walked in. “What is wrong Andy?”

       Andy stared at the floor. “King Erik—vampire hunters—they—“

       “They what?!” Erik screamed.

       “They are downstairs requesting a friendly meeting, those are the words they used.”

       “Shit—Melinda stay here. Andy watch her, guard her with your life, understand me?” he almost growled.

       “Yes, Your Majesty! If anything happens you can have my life!”

       “You better believe I will have your life!” He left practically running downstairs.

       “Andy, they won’t hurt him, will they?” A tear was forming in my eye. “Maybe I should go down.”

       “Oh no my lady, King Erik wants you up here with me. You are not allowed leaving my sight,” he replied dutifully.

       “Fine—“ I tried sneaking towards the door, but he stopped me. “Come on, please?”

       “No Miss Catherine—just stay up here.”

       I heard growling from downstairs. What is going on? “I’m going downstairs! That’s it!” I pushed Andy over, not holding back on my own strength. “Erik! Where are you?” That’s when I saw two men holding Erik, one with his hands on his neck. “Let him go! Now!” I demanded.

       “Is this your little girlfriend Henderson? She’s cute and tiny.” The guy grinned at me.

       “Melinda, go back upstairs now, please? I’ll be fine, promise.”

       “No—I’m not leaving you here with these humans,” I growled at them.

       “What’s your name?” The man with his hands on Erik’s neck asked.

       “My name is Melinda Rose Catherine, soon to be Henderson. I’d appreciate it if you let my fiancé go.” He just laughed. “Don’t make me do something, pissing off a girl is dangerous, pissing off a girl vampire is the dumbest thing you could do.”

       “Melinda! LEAVE!” Erik commanded me. “I swear if you get hurt over me!”

       The man holding his arm walked towards me. “You’re new aren’t you Melinda? Don’t you know better? I’m a vampire hunter not just a human,” he chuckled.