Chapter 18

I can't believe it... How could she... After what King Norman said about me having more of a chance than I thought...

I let myself get my hopes up. I let myself dream. And what did I get out of it?

A broken heart.

I heard I knock on my door.

"Andrew? I know you're in there."

There was a brief moment of silence.

"Andrew, are you really that upset that she's not coming?" She said a little more quietly.

"What do you think?" I asked, my voice muffled by the blankets I had buried myself in.

"Drew... You need to move on. You haven't come out of your your room since I told you. You've eaten no more than two bites of the food that has been served to you."

"I'm not hungry."

"Drew, you need to eat something because you'll need your strength for all the dancing tonight."

"I don't want to dance."

"Andrew, it would be rude not to."

"..."

*sigh* "Look. You need to chose a girl tonight. I decided that you might prefer a ball for you to choose a princess rather then just having one shipped here."

(A/N you have no idea how much that feels like saying that princesses are cardboard boxes. You have Absol-utely no idea...)

"I... I guess you're right..."

"I'm trying to look out for you, Drew. I promised your mother I would."

I tensed at the mention of my mother.

She was always a fragile woman, fainting often. Then one day some tramps broke in... The guards had immediately stopped them, but as usual Mom had fainted, but this time she never woke up.

She never woke up.

She has to be telling the truth about the whole thing. She always loved Mom, they had always been really close. And I asked Ash if he had written the letter, and he confirmed that he had written it.

Click.

My door opened. I had forgotten at she had a key.

I only lay still, not even close to visible under the tear-soaked covers that I had been using to muffle my crying the past few days.

No one needs to know how much this was effecting me.

I felt the blankets torn off my face, and Aunt Lilly's appeared in it's place.

A shocked and sad look came over her face.

"Drew... Have you been crying since I told you she wasn't coming?"

"..."

"Drew... Go get tidied up for the dance. And remember, you have the privilege of a choice."

-----------------------

-Aunt Lilly's POV-

I lay on my bed, just thinking about all that had just happened.

He was really upset that she wasn't coming...

It was obvious that he had been crying for quite a while. He was a complete wreck.

The last time I had seen him that upset... That would be when his father died ten years ago.

Unlike my sister, he was always strong, never crying what he tripped even when he could barely walk. He had excepted his responsibilities when he was really small, never outwardly complaining.

He... He really does love her, doesn't he?

Should I have... No. I did what was best. I really am trying to look out for him and the kingdom.

Besides, it's too late now.

I felt a pull of regret. Did I actually end up hurting him by trying to protect him?

It's too late now.

-----------------------

Drew's POV

The air smelled heavily of makeup.

The ball room was decorated beautifully, and around twenty princesses filled the space.

I sighed and attempted to be polite as yet another princess attempted to flirt with me.

Aunt Lilly appeared beside me.

"Andrew, you need to choose a princess in the next few minutes, you'll be dancing with Princess Brianna."

Goodby, happiness.

------------------------

-Earlier that evening-

Ash's POV

I sighed. The thing is... There is no way she could be lying. I personally wrote and checked the letters.

I wandered in to Lady Lilly's study, as she had asked me to get some important

There was a letter on top of the papers. Ordinarily I would have just brushed it aside, but it was in my hand writing.

After closer examination, I realized that it was addressed to the Beautifly Kingdom. The invitation.

She never sent it.

---------------------

HAPPY NEW YEARS PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!