Chapter 12

Oh my gosh! 1.16K reads and 100 votes! This is crazy!

Drew's POV

Back. Forth. Back. Forth. I paced, as I had been doing for the past while. I wasn't keeping track.

My brain was under a lot of stress. No, not from the inevitable war with the Cacturns, (that was always a burden) but from Mia.

This was new. All new. I didn't want it. No, I did not like her. I could not.

And yet, I did.

What was I supposed to do? I was the prince, and she was a servant girl. It's not like I was discriminating against them, but it was because of that I don't even stand a chance to be with her.

What would my parents say if they were still here? Well, Mom would probably faint (a habit that happened WAY too much) and father would literally have her head off for ever capturing my attention.

"Sooooooo... Are you ever going to stop pacing?"

And just like that I was snatched out of my thoughts and brought back to the real world.

"Ash! Paul! When did you get here?"

"Well, I'm your body guard, so I have to stay near you most of the time. Although you insist that you be by yourself when you ride Absol."

"And I cam to see if you needed anything when I found you pacing back and forth."

"You were at it for at least an hour."

"What's wrong, Prince Drew."

"Ash, enough with the Prince stuff when it's just us. And Paul. We've been friends since we were practically two."

Ash's mom, Delia, was Drew's nanny when he was a tiny baby. When he was a toddler, Ash became Drew's only companion, and his personal servant after that.

Ash sighed. "Fine. Drew, what's up. This just isn't like you."

"I just... I..."

"It's Mia, isn't it."

Everyone turned to Paul, surprised at his bold prediction.

"What makes you think that?" I was glad that I was facing away from them. Other wise they would have seen my red face.

"You like her, don't you."

I froze. Was I that easy to read? Or was Paul just good at reading?

"Don't even try to deny it, Drew. I've seen it too."

"You too, Ash?" I said softly. "What am I going to do?"

"Well, there's always the possibility of you being forced to marry a random princess because you weren't allowed to be with the girl you loved, and die as a heartbroken old man."

"Thanks for the encouragement. Though by the sounds of my life that's what's going to happen. I guess I could try to get over her..."

"That won't be easy."

"I know. But it will be better than staying heartbroken. I'm going to bed. You guys should get some rest as well."

-----------------------

I woke up. Almost 7:00. I started to panic slightly. I was going to be late to meet Mia! Then I remembered what I resolved to do last night. I was going to try to get over Mia.

And to begin, I was going to start avoiding her.

With a heavy heart, I headed to the royal dinning room. (The royals and high officials eat there)

Maybe I could just watch her go in instead of meeting her... No. I need to stay away from her. Seeing her less might ease the pain of forcing myself away from her.

So with a heavy heart, I walked into the royal dinning hall, Mia still plastered onto my mind.

-----------------------

I sat in my study, lost in thought.

It's probably better this way. How could she ever like me back? All I did was tease her and make fun of her most of the time, but I have no idea how to talk to her! And she's so cute when she's angry...

No. Stop it, this instant! It's those kind of thoughts that is going the whole process of breaking away from her ten times harder.

Speaking of her, it's about time to exercise Absol. I had better get going seeing as it takes a whole five minutes walk just to get down there.

----------------------

"Hello, Absol. Hello, Mia." I said the second part icily.

"Well, hello to you too." She replied, annoyance evident in her voice. Was it because I wasn't there at breakfast? No. There's no way. Why would she care if I was waiting for her every morning? Almost all we did was argue! She's probably glad that I wasn't waiting for her...

Come on Drew. You can do it. Just ignore her. Block her out. Don't think about her.

(A/N fail.)

I took Absol for a quick ride, but instead of the usual head clearing effects it had on me, I just felt... empty. Shattered. I felt like my entire insides were mourning because of my decision to give up any hope of being with Mia.

I felt heartbroken.

I returned back from my ride much earlier than usual, because all it was bringing me was more pain.

I quickly unsaddled Absol, wanting to be out of there as soon as possible.

"Wow. You're back soon. Wha-"

"I've... Got to go." I muttered and ran out of there. Why is this happening to me?

What I didn't know was that I was breaking May's heart just as much as I was breaking mine.

(A/N I know I called her May, not Mia, but that wasn't Drew's thoughts. That was the mysterious voice narrating.)

---------------------

"Ah... Prince Drew!"

I turned and saw Ash and Misty running up to me.

"We have news. I am sure you are aware that you are required to get married to a princess of another kingdom on your eighteenth birthday which is in about three months?"

"Yes, I am aware. Too much so."

"Well... There is a kingdom - about a week's trip on horse back - that is sending their princess as a strongly suggested bride."

"Please tell them that this is not the best time for her to come as there might be a war soon."

"The king already knows. And he sent her anyway. She has already left, it was more of a personal invite to come to 'strongly suggested' marry you."

I sighed. Now I'm going to have even more drama involving females.

"Who is it?"

"Princess Brianna of the Surskit Kingdom."

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MY UPDATING! No, I'm not going on hiatus. I decided that instead of updating when I finish a chapter, I'm going to update the chapters that I have every Saturday, with a few exceptions.

Although through Norman's eyes IS going on hiatus, or just really slow updates. With Kingdom of refuge, and Contestshipping Coundown, right now it's just not my top priority.

1) I don't have wifi. If that is the case, then I'll update as soon as I get wifi again.

2) if I have a special case fanfic. I'm starting a story that is called Contestshipping Christmas Countdown! Basically I will post a one shot or drabble with a Christmas or winter related prompt for every day until Christmas, starting ten days before Christmas. On Christmas Day, I will post the final one.

See you, AND IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE INFO ABOVE, READ IT!!!!!!!!! IT'S IMPORTANT!!!!!!!