Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon

-Drew's POV-

(A/N I'm finally doing one through Drew's POV!)

I don't know why I had insulted her. I really don't. I didn't mean any of it either. And it wasn't her, really.

Ninetail's saddle is just stubborn, pretty much impossible unless you know the exact pressure to pull.

Why had I just ignored her when I walked in? I guess I just wanted her to feel a bit of the pain of what I felt this morning when she snapped at me and then slammed the door in my face, shutting me out.

So I retaliated by shutting her out?

I hadn't planned on ignoring her, so why did I?

And the part I said about not looking a year younger than me? A complete lie. I could have easily mistaken her for two or three years younger than me.

Though, when she had exploded on me... It was actually kind of- I can't even say this...

...Cute?

No, there was no doubt about it. She was positively adorable when she had blown her top.

Stop! Stop! Bad Drew! Bad! Bad, bad, BAD! Bad thoughts! Bad thoughts!!!

I mentally struggled to contain my thoughts.

Mia is in no way cute, and that is that. She is nothing but a servant girl.

I repeated the though that I had been forcing myself to think for the past few days. She is just a servant girl.

She was no fan girl of mine, and I'm thankful of that.

No matter what I act like, I hate the attention from those crazy... Things. They stalk me, and ask me to marry them...

Marriage. I dreaded the word. Marriage is the reason why I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life with some woman that I won't even know prior to my wedding day.

In the next few months I'm going to have some random girl shipped to me so I can marry her and officially become king.

I want to marry someone I love. Someone who'll make me look forward and nervous about seeing. Someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Sure that will happen.

Also I hate how formal royals always are, all royal-y and never acting like a family. Then again it typically is a forced family.

Just please, who ever you are, don't be a fan girl.

I looked down. Huh? When did I mount Absol?

I looked over and watched Mia swing into Ninetail's (stubbern) saddle, quite well I might add. She looked so natural up there, it was obvious that she loved horses, that much is for sure.

I tightly gripped the reins with my right hand, as my left was in a cast courtesy of that horse Tor.

It annoyed me to no end, but I guess I should get used to it. It will be a few months before I can get it off.

If I had been alone, I probably would have yelled and hit my head against the nearest wall, but no.

A prince must be a smart, calm, strong, popular, military figure. I wish I didn't have so many rules in my life...

There was one more thing that concerned me - when I tightened Ninetail's saddle, I grabbed Mia's hand. It felt like my arm had just been shocked but... I liked it. What is wrong with me? That girl pops up in my thoughts a lot... Grr...

"The trail's this way." I said, Absol slightly in front.

By now, it was the middle of fall. The tree covered trail treated us to an amazing array of gold, red, and orange leaves, both above us and falling all around us.

The trail was at it's prettiest peak, and it was gorgeous.

I watched, amused, as she gazed at the beautiful wonders that we were riding past.

"Never seen tree in fall before?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, of course I have. It's just..."

"You've never seen anything like this?"

"Exactly."

"One thing we agree on."

This is easily the most lovely view I'd ever seen, but I'd seen this every year. What made this different.

"Mia, perhaps?"

Who's there?

"I am the mysterious voice, the force that lives within you. I am-"

"English, please."

I could practically feel the voice roll it's eyes.

"I'm your conscience, and I am the messenger from your heart to your overly stubborn brain."

"Go away."

"Why?"

"I want to enjoy this ride! I'm not going to have any time for enjoyment soon, with the possible Cacturn invasion. We might be going to war..."

"Fine. But I'll be back tonight. You can count on that."

Okay...

-----------------------------

I lay down in bed, contemplating the day I'd had. Going on the ride with Mia had been the best time I'd had in a while.

No, I corrected myself. I wasn't going on a ride with her. I was simply showing her the trail so she could exercise the other horses. That was all.

Suddenly, my bed seemed... Empty. In fact, my whole room seemed empty! Was it because I was the only one who is ever in here?

No. That can't be it. I had always been perfectly happy with just me here. Why would that change now?

"Maybe because you met the love of your life, but are in extreme denial of the whole situation?"

Oh. The voice again. What does it want now?

"Drew... I just... You're an idiot."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Just who are you calling an idiot?"

"Fine. Let me ask you this. What do you feel around Mia?"

"Different, I guess... But not a bad different, a good different. My heart speeds up, I can't quite think like normal, and when I touched her hand it felt like I got an electric shock..."

I trailed off as I realized what I was just describing was also described in every single romance book I've ever read. (Which actually isn't that many, but still!)

"No! Not true!"

"Denial."

"No. I am not falling in love with Mia."

And yet, I was not reassured. However, I replayed this one statement in my mind until I finally drifted off.

------------------------

Wow. Just... Wow. This book alone is three reads short of 650 reads. Thank you so much!

Please check out 'through Norman's eyes', my new story.

It's not up yet, but I'm going to be working on a valentine's one shot called 'just confess already, Drew'. Basically, it's Drew struggling with confessing to May.

It is going to be a Valentine's one shot, and yet Valentine's Day is, like, two and a half months away... Hey! Do I need a holiday to write contestshipping!? Quit judging! (Actually, I doubt anyone is judging because we're all mega fangirls, but still.)

See ya!