Chapter 15

I sat at the head of my council, preparing to make my speech.

"As you know, we are expecting an attack from the Cacturn Kingdom from over the old Beautifly boarder."

Everyone nodded.

"I am planing on taking another route of action. I may be the Prince of this country, but I am young and inexperienced. With an army as big as the Cacturns, we need experience."

Everyone had a solemn expression on their face.

"That is why I am going to need to free King Norman."

Murmurs echoed from person to person, but I ignored them.

"He has experience, and he knows the area well. If we can restore the Beautifly Kingdom, then we will have no threat coming from the land."

"But... Sir! The Beautifly Kingdom is not an ally of ours!"

I turned to Contesta. "They are not our enemies, unlike the Cacturns. Does anyone oppose?"

No one raised their hand.

"Since we are unanimous, we will ride out tomorrow, just before dawn. I will take around half of the army with me, the other half will be left to defend the Roserade Kingdom in case of an ambush. Any questions?"

"Who will lead the split armies?"

"I will lead the attacking force, Nando, I want you to lead the defensive army. Any other questions?"

"Where is King Norman?"

"My spies have learned that the royal family is being held in their own Castle's dungeons. Are we done here?"

-----------------------------

The Beautifly (now Cacturn) Castle came into view from the woods where we were lurking.

I gathered my leading officers. "I want you to hold off the Cacturns as long as possible while I go and free the royal family. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir!"

I was in a pretty down mood, but I masked it with seriousness. Yesterday when Mia snapped at me... I just... It hurt.

No. She is nothing to me. She is only a servant girl. I hate her. I hate her.

-------------------------------

-Clang! Clang! Snap!-

The lock on Prince Max's and Queen Caroline's cells burst open.

"Run to the woods! You can find some of our soldiers there to protect you."

The Queen nodded, but the Prince flat out refused. "I'll go join the fight." He said firmly.

Two royal family members down, two to go.

I rounded another corner. King Norman stood and glared at me. I burst open the lock.

He sprinted and grabbed his sword from one of the fallen guards in charge of keeping prisoner's weapons.

He immediately pointed it at me which kind of surprised me.

He continued glaring at me.

"Prince Drew." He said in a low, threatening voice. What did I do?!?!

"What have you done with her?"

"What have I done with who?"

"What have you done with my daughter?!?!" He barked. "Where is she?!?!"

"I thought she was captured along side of you!"

Clang. The sword fight had begun.

"No." He spoke while we were fighting.

"She was not captured. The only place that she could go with out being captured by the Cacturns would be the Roserade Kingdom."

"I don't know where she is!"

"LIER!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS SHE?!?!?!?!?!"

"I don't know where your daughter is! I have Absol-utly no idea where she is!"

"LIES!!!!!!!!! ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL ME WHERE YOU'RE KEEPING HER!!!!!!!!!!"

"I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-CRASH-

I felt the wind knocked out of me as I was pounded against the ground.

I tried to get a good breath in, but a heavy weight on my chest allowed me to only inhale a small amount.

I hit my back pretty hard when I fell, but King Norman's foot on my chest made it feel as if I was in an I closed tank with rapidly depleting oxygen.

My sword was snatched out of my now weak hand, rendering me completely defenseless.

He raised his sword above his head.

"I will ask you one last time. Where. Is. my. daughter?"

"I-I... Don't... Know..." I gasped, using the last of my air supply.

His face tightened as he prepared his sword to end my life.

Goodby, world. And... I love you Mia.

----------------------------

Cliffie. I'm so evil. 😈

Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuuun. Is Drew going to die?

TWO DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!