Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon

I watched the lights of the tiny village ahead reflect off of a small lake. This was probably a fishing and farming town, judging by the size and location.

"Ok, Dawn, you are going to have to go ahead and get a poor outfit for May/Mia. I'll stay here and guard her."

Ordinarily I would have protested saying that I could take care of myself, but we had just smuggled ourselves on to foreign land. We could not take any chances.

"On it!"

"Oh, and Dawn,"

"Yes?"

"For the sake of keeping a low profile, try not to stand out. Please."

"Fine..."

"Good luck."

"Agent Dawn is on the case!"

--------------------------

"I hope Dawn is OK. She's been gone a long time..."

"I'm OK alright."

"Uh-oh. What happened."

"Let's leave it at the boys that live in that town are not the type that I'd ever like to meet again."

"What did they do?"

"Being pretty is both a blessing and a curse. They were such creeps. Especially that one called Conway..."

"Did you get the clothes?"

"You bet I did! No boy will ever stop me! I got one for each of us, seeing as all of our current clothes are above peasant standards."

"Thanks Dawn. You're a life saver."

"The things I go through to achieve that title..."

------------------------

"And now we turn a left! Or was it a right... Ah, let's just go left."

I sweat dropped nervously. "Remind me how Dawn ended up with the map?"

"I'm asking my self the same question..." Misty muttered in a low, almost incoherent voice as not to let Dawn know.

"UHG!!!!!!!! THIS STUPID THING DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Her slender arms trembled with pure rage. "No! Don't tear it! It's the only one we have!" Misty snatched the single map from Dawn's destructive clutch.

"Oh come on Dawn..." She sighed. "You've been holding the map upside down..."

"Oopsies! Sorry gu-"

"Hey! You three!" A gruff voice yelled at us. "Don't you dare move!"

All three of us weakly put our arms up in the air. The man had reddish brown, unruly hair. "Do you shrimps know where you are?!"

I noticed the leaf pin on his shirt symbolizing some sort of Roserade official. Please don't recognize me, pleeeease don't recognize me!

"I said, where do you think you are?!"

"Uuuhhh... Lost some where in the Roserade Kingdom?"

"Is that right?"

Nice move Dawn. I don't think he was in the mood for humor.

"You're on private land owned by Prince Drew." Uh-oh... "I should finish you here and now!"

"Oh, don't do that. Surely you have some sort of court. After all, it is an accident. We are only lost travelers..."

Come on Dawn. Do it. Turn up the charm! I attempted to muffle a laugh as the guard person's eyes practically turned in to hearts.

"Well... Going on the Prince's land is too big of a crime to go court... But I guess you can become a servant for the prince... He is in need of a few more servants... Come on you three. We are going to the castle."

He mounted his somehow green and cream colored horse. "You guys are walking. Minus my pretty lady of coarse."

He pulled a squealing Dawn in to the saddle behind him. "You may call me Sir Kenny. Or your sweetheart. Whichever you prefer."

"Uh... Thanks... I'll go with Sir Kenny..."

~la epic time skip~

"Prince Drew. I have found you three new servants. They claim to be lost travelers."

I looked up to see a green haired man saunter over to us, looking down on us with a smirk. Oh no. Please don't tell me he's one of those types.

"Lost travelers, huh? Then where are you from?"

Um, um, um... What do we tell him?

"We come from the border near Beautifly, and were coming farther inland to avoid the Cacturns. I'm Dawn. Former dress maker."

"Misty. I do whatever work is required."

"Hm. Fine then. You two will fit in nicely. I am in need of a new clothes maker."

He turned to me.

"What about this scrawny one? She doesn't look like she could be of any use."
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys! Cfbear2 is back! Drew seems slightly OOC so far to me, but I'll do my best to keep him in character.
PS: I am going to alternate updating chapters between this one and The Ghost of my Past (A contestshipping fanfic.) Just a heads up.
See ya!