Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to fab_contestshipper for being my first reviewer ever!!!! Thank you so much my contestshipping OTP friend!

I completely forgot to put his in the first chapter, so here is the disclaimer.
This is an AU (alternate universe) fanfic, so basically if I substituted the character's names you would have no idea that it is a fanfic. Please do not abandon this because it is a fanfic. -Cfbear2

Pairings- mainly contestshipping - May and Drew, pokeshipping - Ash and Misty, and Ikarishipping - Dawn and Paul
Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon, but I came up with this plot.
THANK YOU

"YAH!!!!" I screamed as I held on tightly to the reigns of Tor. She whinnied and broke into a canter. Even side saddle, I was securely on her. That's what ten years of riding will do to you. I had been riding since I was six, getting Tor as a birthday present for when I turned twelve.

I rounded the palace for the second time, though this ride was much less magical than usual. Due to the ongoing war, I had to stay within sight of the castle. Not extremely ideal conditions for exercising a stallion with endless energy, but at this point in time I'll take what I can get.

Stupid dress, forcing me to ride side saddle. I wanted nothing more than to turn around and ride Tor like any horse should be ridden. But no, this stupid, pink, puffy, girly, frilly, retarded dress says I can't.

If you can't tell by now, I'm not too fond of the constant reminders that a princess is supposed to be a dainty, feminine figure. It is not that I HATE that sort of stuff (like in every other fairy tale), it is just that some times I wish that I wasn't weighed down by all of the things I have to do.

That's it. I give up. I'm going to change in to something suitable for riding.

-------------------------------------------

-later that night-

"Hmm... No... No.. No... NO!!! Dang it! Don't you have anything good anymore?"

Misty and I sweat dropped. "Uh, Dawn? You do realize that you designed all of those dresses, right?"

"Maybe this one? No white is too light hearted for this occasion..."

Leave it to Dawn, my personal stylist and best friend to freak out over what I was going to wear tomorrow. Even I don't care that much, and I'm the one wearing the stupid thing!

~sigh~ "I guess I'll just make you you something new tonight."

I walked up behind her and pulled out a midnight black gown with grey accents. "How about this one?" I suggested.

I watched as Dawn's dark blue eyes scanning the dress. Up. Down. Up. Down. A content look dominated her face. "OK!" She chirped. "Whatever you say is good with me!"

"Oh Dawn, what are we supposed to do with you?" Misty said, face palming. She might as well have been talking to a wall. A spaced out, blue haired wall.

I lazily waved my unscratched, pale hands in front of her entirely blank face. "Earth to Dawn! Hello! Anyone home?"
"HUH!? Oh... Heh heh... Sorry..." She apologized. "There are just so many things that you can do with such beautiful, long hair."

I rolled my eyes. "Dawn, you always come up with the prettiest stuff. You can do it in the morning. You don't even need to think about it till then."

"Seriously girl, worry WAY too much about fashion and the likes of it." Misty decided to comment. Dawn's eyes narrowed in to microscopic slits. "Oh really now?" She seethed. "Well take THIS!!"

A plush lavender pillow flew forcefully across the room, smacking Misty on the side of her head. She smirked. "It is so ON!!!" Cerulean pillow.

"HEY!!!!" I screamed. "Don't forget about me!" I made a quick dive behind my bed, using it as a barricade. I reached in to the dusty darkness that is the under side of my bed (the maids must have forgotten to dust there - again), snatching up the vermillion pillow I had stashed there for emergencies such as this one. "You guys are going DOWN!"

----------------------------

CRASH!!!!!! I sat bolt upright in bed, peaceful dream turned into a nightmare. Who ever just woke me up, you will pay. Big time. That was probably the best dream I have had in centuries.

I married for love, to a prince in a near by kingdom, so I could see my family whenever I wanted. The castle was bright and surrounded by vast rose gardens. There were no wars, and Father and Max were safe and sound. If only that were reality.

CRASH!!!!!!!! Alright what on earth is going on here? My door flew open, slamming against the wall making yet another disturbing noise.

"Misty! Dawn! What's wrong!?" I will never forget the look of pure panic etched into both of their faces.
"Cacturn warriors have entered the palace." My eyes widened. If they made it here, what happened to Father and Max. What will happen to me? "Can we fight them off?"

Misty shook her head. "There are too many, and they've brought their leader with them. King Harley." (A/N He so isn't worthy of that title.)