Chapter 14

Stupid, stupid girl. You let yourself dream. You let yourself have hope.

You knew right away that you never stood a chance with him. Why did you listen to Dawn? All it had done is fill your mind with the lies that you wanted to hear.

He's with Brianna now...

'But he doesn't love her.'

I had gotten used to the voice always pestering me about Drew.

Who knows? He may love her, or he may grow to love her. No matter what, he doesn't really have a choice.

'D-don't tell me... No. You are not giving up on him.'

It will ease the pain. He doesn't need me.

'But didn't you love the ride you just went on with him?

Yes and no. Yes, I was having fun. But no because it is only going to make the pain of living without him harder. It's not like he likes me anyway...

'Yes, he does!'

Then explain why he had hardly talked to me for the last week? Why has he been avoiding me? I think I like it better this way, seeing him less. It might not hurt as much this way...

'May, why are you trying to convince yourself that you're fine? That you can just live without him? He breaks your heart every time he's not there! If you tried living without him, you would stay brokenhearted! May, you are only breaking yourself by not being with him.'

So what am I supposed to do?

'You could tell him who you really are.'

No! Never! I... I don't know what he would do to me if he knew... That I was the princess of Beautifly.

'He's going to find out eventually.'

I know... But I don't think I can handle it right now. Why me?

--------------------------

-A week later-

"Mia! Mia! Miiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

"What is it Dawn?"

She was about to reply, but Misty beat her to it.

"Princess Banana head is being sent back home! Prince Drew caught her slapping and punching Ash for not letting her go in the forbidden library. You know, the small section where only Prince Drew is allowed?"

"She's out of the picture! His Aunt isn't very happy with him, though."

Dawn grinned, apparently find in the tantrum funny. "As in, she had a complete fit. Screaming. Crying. Perfect storm. She can-"

Misty's eye twitched. "Dawn."

"Fine." She huffed. "I- Mia!! What's wrong!?!?!?"

I wonder what tipped her off. Was it the fact that I haven't spoken since I got here, or the expression on my face?

"May, what's wrong. You should be happy that Brianna's gone. Drew no longer has a princess, you-"

"It doesn't matter." I interrupted darkly. "It's not like it would make a difference."

"But-" she started to retort.

"You lied to me." A black aura formed around me. "You said I stood a chance. You said that the Beautifly Kingdom could be restored. You said that every thing would be fine. Lies. All lies."

Misty's eyes grew wide. "May! You're over reacting!"

"No, I'm not." I snapped at her. "It's you who's under reacting."

"May, we need to head up to the castle-"

"THEN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!"

------------------------------

I was still in a bad mood by the time Drew got here.

"Mia, want to ride on the-"

"No. I want to be left alone."

"Awwwww... Is little Mia having a bad da-"

"I said, leave me alone!"

He held up his hands in surrender. When he got back, he didn't even try to talk to me. He just unsaddled and left.

------------------------------

The next morning when I arrived at the dining hall to find many long faces. By that I mean Dawn, Misty, Paul, and Ash.

"What's going on?"

"Well, you know how the Beautifly kingdom fell a few months ago?"

How could I not know?

"It turns out that the royal family is being kept in the dungeon. Prince Drew is a strong leader, but very inexperienced. He has gone to free King Norman to form alliance to defeat the Cacturns."

My heart stopped.

There were so many Cacturns that he wouldn't be able to free our soldiers before they cornered him.

He was going to get himself killed.

------------------------------

This one was a little bit shorter, but the main plot is about to begin.

Suspense!!!!! ...I hope.

See ya!