Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon
The next two days went by practically that same: get up, go down to breakfast, argue with Drew, work at the stables, eat lunch with Misty and Dawn, help Drew saddle Absol (he rode him for a little bit at one o'clock each day), finish up work at the stables, eat dinner, argue with Drew again, be unable to fall asleep, get up and exercise Tor, repeat.

I woke up on my third day of getting six hours of sleep. I peeked in the small mirror that hung in my room. I had dark bags under my eyes.

My first thought: I'll have to cover it up with make up.

My second thought: oh, wait. I don't have any make up.

I sighed. I guess I'll just go to breakfast and hope no one notices. It's not like I interact with a whole bunch of people during my day. Seriously, I think I see more horses than I do people.

I noticed Drew standing outside the door to the dinning hall. Looks like its time for the morningly fight.

"Morning your royal sir-ness."

"Just as happy to see yo-" his eyes softened a bit. "Mia, have you been having any trouble sleeping?"

So much for no one noticing. The prince himself did!

"I'm fine."

"You don't look f-"

"I said, IM FINE!!!" I snapped. Looks like my lack of sleep is starting to really effect my attitude.

I only got a glimpse of his face before I slammed the door to the dinning hall. From what I got, he looked kind of... hurt. But he would have to actually care if that would hurt him.

Fat chance of him ever caring about me...

I mentally slapped myself. Why would I care if he cared about me or not. He's just an arrogant jerk of a prince!

"Maaaayyyy!"

I froze. Who just called me May?

"I'm your conscience, genius."

"Wha-"

"Let's go through the possible reasons of why you'd care if he cared about you or not. Let's see... one, you like him, two, you REALLY like him, three, you love hi-"

"I do not like or love Grasshead!"

"Ooh! You already have a nickname for him!"

"I don't like him, and that's that. Now shut up and go away."

"Fine. For now I will. We will be having MANY talks in the future though."

That was very, very, weird.

---------------------------

I yawned. Misty and Dawn had just left to go back up to the castle, and it was now almost twelve.

I rubbed my eyes. Must... Stay... Awake...

-----------------------------

I felt something rather large assault my head.

"Knock it off..." I muttered, raising a sleepy hand to stop my 'attacker'.

I forced my eyes open. "Absol stop that! Why did you-"

Oh no. I had fallen asleep. I was out around twelve... Meaning.

Drew was going to be here any moment.

As if on queue, I heard the stable doors open. I quickly righted myself.

"Hello, Absol." He said, walking right past me.