Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon 😫😫😫😫😫😫

"OK. Let's see if I can get this right... You're Togepi, you're Pikachu, Elecrovire, Piplup, Absol, Ninetailes, and Rabidash."

"MIA!!!!!!!!"

I let out a yelp and took a step backward, tripped over some random supply or another, and landed in a large pile of hay.

"Misty!" I complained. "Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry... Anyway, I have a short break, so I thought we could eat lunch together."

"What about Dawn?"

"She'll be down in just a bit. She has to finish her work, and she would have finished, but she got into a fight with the prince's body guard. A verbal fight, mind you."

"A body guard, huh? Way to choose people to get into fights with, Dawn."

"Like you should be speaking. It doesn't seem like you and the prince get along very well."

"Sadly, no. I'm going to blow my cover, but when he insults me, I just automatically explode. It's like I have no control over my self, or the situation."

"You don't like having no control, do you?"

"No, I-"

"Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!"

"Dawn! What's wrong?!?!"

"Oh... I'm fine! This horse just startled me."

"It is a stable, Dawn."

I laughed. "That's Absol. He's such a sweetie. If only his rider was more like him..."

"Who's his rider?"

"Guess."

"His royal jerkness?"

"Yup. The one and only."

"Ha! Good one!"

"Uh, Dawn? Just a question, who were you fighting with?"

"The prince's bodyguard, Paul Shinji. I swear, he has no emotions! It's like talking to a brick wall! Hey Mist. What about you and that other servant Ash?"

"Him? Oh, he's denser than a brick, May, and cement put together, but he's pretty nice."

"At least he- Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!?!?!"

"Ha ha! Sorry May!

----------------------------------
Around 6:20 I began making my way back up to the castle for diner. Just before I opened the doors to the dinning hall, I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder I spun around, to find Drew standing right there.

"For now, we can still keep that crazy horse."

Yes! I can make sure Tor is safe and well taken care of!

"But no one, I repeat, no one is to ride her. And if she trys anything on you- or anyone else, she has to go. Is that clear?"

I nodded, but I felt my heart sink down to my shoes. If I can't exercise Tor, then she's ten times more likely to get herself kicked out.

"Also, you are to exercise every horse except for Tor and Absol who I will ride."

He looked away.

"Oh, and for earlier." He said, almost in a whisper. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I murmured.

"Now go get some food." He (softly) commanded, still not meeting my eye.

"OK."

That guy confuses me so much...

------------------------------

"Tor! Chill!" I moaned. My horse was going insane due to excess energy. If I didn't find a way to calm her, then she would be kicked out of the stables. I wouldn't let that happen! Never!

The rest of my day was spent exercising various horses and trying to keep Tor calm.

That night I lay in bed, just staring up at the ceiling. Misty and Dawn were long since asleep, but I could hardly force my eyelids shut.

That's it. I can't take it any more. I tiptoed across the room, and silently opened the window. I climbed out onto the roof and went down a trellis. Wow. There's a trellis going right to the window. I feel so safe.

I lit the lantern that stood on the stable door in case of cloudy weather. A couple of the horses whinnied at the mysterious person intruding their 'house'.

"Shh... It's just me." I whispered. They instantly calmed down once they realized who I was.

"Come on Tor." I said as I put the saddle on her. "Time to go for a ride."

We cantered around the land near the castle, with only the light of the moon, and the faint light of the lantern to tell us where we were going.

By the time I climbed back up the trellis, I realized it was midnight. Way too late for me, but if it was for Tor, then I would have to do it.

------------------

Sorry guys, kind of a short chappie.

I just want to say thanks. Last chapter I was celebrating 200 reads. Now, I'm celebrating over 300 reads. THANKS SO MUCH YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway... Tomorrow morning I'm leaving on vacation and I'm not sure if I will have wifi, and I'm going to be busy vacationing, so there might not be another chapter on this or The Ghost of my Past for about a week.

I just wanted to up date right before I left.

See you guys in a week or so!

Kingdom of RefugeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara