Chapter 30

Itachi and Deidara continued to listen to their little brother rant about his life in the village, being the Anbu captain, being the temporary "Hokage", having double amounts of paperwork when the real Hokage forced the position on him, and about his genin team. Itachi asked questions about the emo duckbutt, a.k.a his biological little brother and Deidara asked about hoe the village still treated him. When Naruto told him, Deidara grinned oh so nicely.

"Oh, really? Well, I have a few presents that I would like them to have for treating you oh so kindly," Deidara threatened.

Naruto sweatdropped at his biological older brother and held his hands up. Dei could be really overprotective and scary when he wanted to be. Something he got from Kushina most-likely.

There will be a major time skip to the chunin exams.

For the last few months, life was relatively normal. Naruto was still commander of the Anbu and had to split his time with his genin team, doing missions and whatnot, and being the Anbu commander. He almost always had double the amount of paperwork since Hiruzen always is too lazy to do it himself. He still had to do S-SSS rank missions at times but they went by very quickly. And Tora was still hateful to other people except for Naruto of course.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, I was held up by Tora," Naruto explained as he reached his genin team. Although, Kakashi knew that that wasn't the truth. In reality, Nauto was really held back by an SSS rank mission that took him a few minutes longer than normal, he still had to give his report to the Hokage and in addition to that, he was even more busy than normal since the chunin exams were about to take place. This year, the exams will be held at Konoha so Kitsune had to work triple the amount of work he usually did. His team nodded in acknowledgment as they all tuned towards Kakashi.

"Well then my cute little genins!" Kakashi said cheerily. Naruto twitched at the comment but decided to kill is subordinate later. Kakashi noticed and feared for his life but continued. She fulled out a few pieces of paper from his jacket and handed it to them.

"Sensei? What is this?" Sakura asked as she took one of the papers.

"I have decided to enlist you all in the chunin exams!" Kakashi smiled.

Sasuke nodded as he took the other paper. Naruto sighed as he took the last piece. They all looked at it as Kakashi started talking. "Now all you need to do it sign the form and give it to me later." (I forgot how it went in the original but meh) Everyone nodded. Kakashi smiled, "You are all dismissed."

Team 7 all nodded then turned and left. When Sasuke and Sakura were out of view, Naruto immediately shunshined to the Hokage's office after putting his mask on. Kitsune shunshined in front of the Hokage's desk this time instead of bursting in from the window.

"Kitsune," The Hokage greeted.

"Hokage-sama," Kitsune greeted back.

"What brings you here?"

"The chunin exams."

"Ahhh, I see. Kakashi has already given you the form correct?" Kitsune nodded. "Good, so what brings you here then?"

"My last mission. The SSS-rank mission that you sent me on to the village hidden in the sand," Naruto started.

"What about it?" Hiruzen asked.

"Our suspicions have been confirmed. The sand is allying with the sound and they are plotting against us. As we both know from the intel that I have gathered, Orochimaru is the leader of the sound village and is most likely going to be at the upcoming chunin exams, disguised of course. I was notified by Gaara when I traveled to the sand."