Chapter 25

That night, after everyone said their goodnights, Naruto and Sasuke headed to their rooms. They walked in awkward silence. Sasuke was still thinking about the exposing that Sakura did a few hours before. Naruto slid the door open and walked in followed closely by Sasuke. Naruto sighed as he took a spot in one of the futons, leaving the other one to Sasuke. He sat down and looked at Sasuke. Sasuke stared back until he finally turned away.

"What do you want dobe?" Sasuke asked as he started to get ready for sleep.

"Nothing." Naruto smiled as he turned away.

"Hn."

"Goodnight Sasuke," Naruto said as he closed his eyes.

Sasuke looked at Naruto and smiled, "Goodnight, Naruto." Sasuke got into the other futon, closed the light, and closed his eyes. After a few minutes, he fell asleep. Although Naruto seemed to be asleep, he wasn't nearly close to it.

Naruto opened his eyes and turned his head towards Sasuke. Sasuke's face was turned towards his and they were relatively close in distance. He looked so peaceful and as the moonlight from the window shined on his face, the light highlighted his defined features and made him even more attractive than normal. Naruto stared for a little bit until Kurama broke him from his trance.

"Oooooh, starting to take a liking to someone?" Kurama teased.

"Shut it!!!" Naruto pouted. 

"Ooooohhhh," Kurama fangirled.

Naruto sighed but didn't realize that there a light tint of pink on his cheeks. A weird feeling lightly crept up in his heart. He was confused but thought nothing of it and he decided to just shake off the feeling.

"Anyway, I'm bored and I can't sleep. I don't feel like going outside to train and unfortunately, I didn't bring any of my Anbu documents along with me."

Kurama sighed and brought his tail over to Naruto. Naruto cocked his head to the side. "I don't feel like doing anything but sleep right now. Just go to sleep kit. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow and you need to rest up."

"Fine..." Naruto grumbled. He lept onto the orange tail and settled in. He snuggled up to the place where he always sleeps. The only place he can properly relax.

The Next Morning...

Naruto woke up at 5 in the morning. The sky already had a tinge of pink and orange. Sasuke was still sleeping soundly next to him with a calm and peaceful expression on his face. Naruto smiled gently and a light blush appeared on his face. He shook his head and sighed. He got up and went into the shower. He placed a silence seal on the bathroom. He stripped and hopped into the shower. He closed his eyes and stood under the water, letting the run over his face and toned body.

A Few Minutes Later...

Naruto stepped out of the shower and got dressed. He opened the door and released the seal. He took another glance and Sasuke and walked out the door without a sound. He made his way out of the house to take a morning stroll.

"Morning kit."

"Morning."

"Can you summon me. I'm bored here," Kurama asked.

Naruto laughed, "Sure, why not."

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" Naruto yelled after biting his thumb and smearing it on his hand. He slammed the hand on the ground and a formula appeared. A poof of smoke later, there was an orange fox with nine tails, about the size of a labrador retriever standing where the center of the formula was. Naruto smiled and started walking. Kurama happily followed along beside him.

"So. I see you have taken a liking to the Uchiha," Kurama teased.

Naruto shrugged and blushed, "Meh, I don't know."

"AWWWW, Naruto has a crush~ Naruto has a crush~" Kurama chanted.

"Shut up Kurama!!!" Naruto pouted as he blushed and turned away. Kurama laughed.

They both continued chatting and strolling for about an hour until they decided to head back. By now it was around 6 and the sun was completely above the horizon. Naruto walked into the kitchen while Kurama curled up on a seat at the dining table. Naruto started to prepare breakfast for everyone. He fired up the stove and started cooking.

About 20 minutes later...

The doors to the bedrooms opened and everyone walked out. The sniffed the air as they all walked down the stairs. When they all saw Naruto, they stared.

Tsunami gasped and rushed over to Naruto. "Oh, Honey! You didn't have to do that!!!"

Naruto stiffened. "H-honey?"

"What's wrong Naruto?" Tsunami asked with a worried expression.

"Sorry, I'm not familiar with affectionate words," Naruto said with a stone-cold face. Tsunami looked at him with sad eyes and walked over to the blonde. Naruto backed up but she continued to advance. Naruto finally backed up to the counter and Tsunami was right in front of him. She crouched down and put her arms around Naruto. Naruto stiffened and looked at her. Everyone behind her looked at the blonde with sad eyes.

"Tsunami-san..." Naruto trailed off, "What are you doing?"

Tsunami let go and held him at arm's distance. She smiled, "It's called a hug Naruto."

Naruto looked down, "Oh..." Sakura and Haku suddenly ran over to them both and joined in on the hug. Naruto coughed from the sudden pressure of both of them literally jumping on his stomach.

"S-sakura, Haku." Naruto managed while wincing in pain. They both smiled guiltily but continued to hug them. Kakashi smiled and joined in after a moment. Kurama opened his eyes and looked up. He smiled and got up from the chair. He walked over to the group and nuzzled his face on Naruto's. Zabuza and Sasuke just stood there smiling since they weren't the hugging type of people, although Sasuke did want to join, he just didn't want to let his pride down even though he desperately wanted to. Naruto hesitated for a moment but finally relented and tried to stop the tears from rolling down his face. He buried his face in the crook of Tsunami's neck. After a few seconds, Naruto finally cracked and a tear rolled down his face. He finally let down his guard and sobbed into Tsunami's shoulder. A few minutes later, Naruto finally let go and wiped the tears away from his face. Suddenly they heard the door being sliced in half and two men walked in with huge swords. They smiled maliciously at the group as they both charged forward.