Chapter 29

Kitsune dropped all the bodies at the hospital which frightened all the medical ninja into fainting seeing that most of the village "leaders" were there (The Anbu commander is considered as a "village leader" in this story). In conclusion, there was no one in charge of the Hidden Leaf at that particular moment. Kitsune sighed as he facepalmed. Now, not only were there no village leaders, all the medical ninja were all unconscious and useless as well!!!

"Tch, all or a stupid book," Naruto scoffed.

"Welp, you're the only one who is a high enough rank to command people, so technically, you're the village leader right now," Kurama laughed.

"Uggg... I'm busy enough..." Naruto muttered. "Anyway, I'll just heal them and wake them up. Not like I got anything better to do and plus, I don't want to have to do all that stupid paperwork that Jiji has to do."

Kurama laughed and Naruto grumbled. Suddenly, Naruto smirked.

"Kit, don't get yourself in trouble," Kurama warned as he worriedly looked at Naruto's smirking face.

"Oh, don't worry... I will only do this to the old man, not the others." Naruto laughed evilly.

"Oh dear," Kurama sighed.

Naruto grinned as he took off his mask and walked inside the third Hokage's hospital room where he left him.

Naruto suddenly yelled, "Suiton: Teppōdama!!! (Water Style: liquid bullet)"

Ice cold water shot out of Naruto mouth and splashed all over the third Hokage's face, soaking him from head to toe in the water. The old man suddenly shot up into a sitting position and looked around aimlessly with wide eyes, utterly confused. Naruto burst out laughing, soon joined by Kurama. Naruto rolled around on the floor, laughing his ass off as the third finally came to his senses.

Hiruzen growled, "NARUTO!!!!!!!!" The blonde laughed as he jumped up and put his mask back on. He jumped out the window, closely followed by Hiruzen who was still drenched in water and screaming bloody murder.

A half an hour later...

Naruto got bored of the running so he slowed down and let his Jiji catch up to him. By now all the council, doctors, and nurses already woke up and although confused, went to do what they usually did. The council members made sure to note to themselves to hunt down Kitsune later for their books.

Hiruzen's eyes twitched as he looked at Kitsune. He couldn't see it but the commander was smirking behind his mask. Kitsune then took out an object. When Hiruzen finally realized what it was, he screamed like a fangirl. Everyone around them looked over at the scene and wondered what in the world was going on. The old man stiffened and covered his mouth in embarrassment. His face went red as he shooed them away.

Kitsune chuckled. "Geeze old man, I knew you liked this stuff, but not that much."

Hiruzen grew a tick mark. "Give me the book please, I did as you asked now its time you returned the favor."

"Hai, hai," Naruto sighed as he tossed the book over to the Hokage who caught it immediately. He smiled giddily as he got a nosebleed just from opening the book. Naruto facepalmed as his old man shoved his nose into the pages and started reading.

"I'm really worried about the future of this village," Naruto muttered under his breath. Hiruzen ignored him as he was too entranced by his book to even notice that the commander had said anything, Naruto rolled his eyes. He suddenly grasped one of the old man's ears in his hand and dragged him along the path back to the Hokage tower. Hiruzen winced in pain as the villagers gave them curious glances. The well-respected commander of the Anbu was dragging the well-respected Hokage by the ear. Now that's something you don't see every day.

Kitsune mentally face-palmed for like the millionth time that day. He was sitting at the Hokage's desk doing paperwork while the real Hokage was sitting curled up in the corner reading his new book that Naruto bribed him with. Naruto sighed behind his mask and turned around. He looked out the window and upon the village, thinking back to his past and his childhood. Then his eyes wandered past the village and into the forests that spaned out for as far as he can see. His mind wandered from his childhood memories to his two brothers, Deidara and Itachi. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. He closed his eyes and focused on his mental link with both of the Akatsuki members.

With Deidara and Itachi...

"Yo,"

Both the raven and the blonde were startled. They looked at each other for a second and smiled. Conveniently, they were on a mission together so they didn't have to worry about the other members since they are not around.

"Yo, Naruto," Itachi said through the link.

"Yo, otouto," Deidara smiled.

"Dei, Itachi, how's it been. I'm being the Hokage again," Naruto sighed.

"Again? Really? What happened this time, hm?"Deidara asked.

"Well... You know the mission I told you about? Well, my suspicions were proven to be correct. It was an A-rank mission disguised as a C-rank. The demon brothers, Zabuza Momochi, aka the demon of the mist, as well as his subordinate, was also involved. The supposedly "easy" C-rank was immediately turned into an A-rank within a matter of seconds." Naruto explained. "In the end, I decided to bring them back to the village along with my genin squad. I bribed the council and Hokage with the "Icha Icha paradise" books that they all love and in the end, they all agreed and immediately attacked me, I flung them out of the Hokage tower, they fell unconscious, I brought them to the hospital, the doctors and nurses fell unconscious, I had to heal them and wake them up but I decided not to and instead, pulled a little prank on the old man." Naruto smirked. Deidara and Itachi looked at each other and shared worried glances.

"Oh, don't worry, it wasn't anything that bad. I just splashed his face with cold water with one of my water release jutsus." Naruto shrugged. The blonde and raven shared a sigh of relief as Naruto continued. "Anyway, the old man chased me around the village for half an hour until I got bored and let him catch me. Then I gave him his book, went back to the tower and he forced me to sit down and do all his paperwork. Now, I'm the temporary "Hokage" while the real Hokage is sitting in the corner, having a nosebleed and making weird perverted giggling noises." Naruto finished with a facepalm. Deidara and Itachi both started laughing. Itachi was more of a chuckled though since Uchihas rarely laugh. After a few seconds, Deidara wiped the tears away from his eyes.

"How are you holding up?" Itachi asked with a smile.

"Oh it's great, I already finished his paperwork. And there haven't been more yet. That old man better get me ramen later though." Naruto grumbled. The two Akatsuki members smiled as they continued walking and listening to Naruto talk about his team, his sensei, Sasuke's crush on him, and Tora, his cat. Itachi did shiver at the thought though.