Coming Out :)

This is from the POV of Sara and Ava's daughter, Laurel, and it's set in the future. Sara is referred to as mom and Ava is momma.

I was walking down the hallway of the high school I was currently attending with my best friend, Laine. She also happened to be my girlfriend. We were heading to our lockers and then the cafeteria for lunch.

"Why don't you just tell them? It's not like they're gonna kick you out or anything. They're gay, too." Laine said. We were on the topic of me coming out.

"I know, I just don't know why I'm so anxious to do it," I said, closing my locker. "Like when do I tell them? Where do I tell them?"

"When and where you feel comfortable."

I leaned my shoulder against my locker.

"Come here," Laine said, pulling me to her and giving me a hug. "Do you want me to be there?"

I nodded slowly.

"Let's go eat lunch before the period ends." Laine held me by her side and kissed my forehead as we walked to the cafeteria.

-after school, at home-

Laine and I sat on the couch laughing and doing our homework. Until my mom got home. She walked in through the front door which you can see from the living room.

"Hey, girls." She said, hanging up her purse and keys. She walked over to us and gave me a kiss on top of my head. "How was your day?"

"Good." Laine and I both replied.

I turned to glance at Laine and then at my mom.

"Hey, mom. Can I talk with you and momma? Like right here?"

"Sure." She nodded slightly.

A moment later, they sat down across from Laine and me.

"Um... I just wanted to tell you both that I'm... gay." I let go of a breath that I had been holding.

Sara looked at Ava and Ava held Sara's hand. "Yeah, we've known."

I was confused. "How?"

"We know what "going to hang out in your room means". You never spend that much time in your room with your friends."

Laine and I both blushed.

"Oh, get over here. Both of you!" Ava said, throwing her arms out.

We all enveloped into a big hug. It was nice to get that off my chest. I had never felt more me in my life.