A Nightmare That's Real

Sara's POV

I was falling further and further. I couldn't tell where from, I couldn't see what was below me. It was pitch black. I finally hit the bottom. My head hit the ground hard. I rubbed it. There was blood. All I had done was lie down for a nap and this happened. Ava wasn't with me so she couldn't comfort me but how could she know. Even if she was with me, I was still in this nightmare. She wouldn't know.

Ava's POV

I went to our quarters to hopefully join Sara while she was napping. I was pretty tired from the last mission. I walked through the door and suddenly stopped in my tracks. I saw blood dripping from Sara's forehead. "How the hell?" I whispered, walking over to the bedside. I took some of the tissues from the bedside table and tried wiping up the blood. But it wouldn't stop. I scooped her up and took her to the medbay. I lied her in one of the chairs and put one of the bracelets on her wrist.

"Gideon, what's wrong with Sara?" I asked.

"Nothing. The captain is perfectly healthy. Her breath is a little rapid though." She replied.

"Then how the hell did she get this massive cut on her head?"

I started rummaging through the medical supplies trying to find the bandages. Once I found them I walked over to Sara, picked up her head, and started wrapping them around it. Suddenly John ran through the doors.

"Step back, love!" He said pushing me to the side so he could get to Sara. "I felt its presence and followed it here. Sara told me she was only going to nap but here she is in the medbay."

"W- what do you mean by "it" ?"

"A spiritual soul. A very dangerous one."

"So you mean it's taken over Sara?"

"Possibly."

Constantine started a spell. After a while, Sara's vitals and breathing went back to normal. I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding. After John made sure she was fine he left.

"Typical," I mumbled.

I walked over to Sara and kissed her on her forehead. I slowly back away and unwrapped the bandage on her forehead. The bleeding had stopped. I grabbed a rag and wet it. I sat next to Sara and started cleaning her wound.

"Maybe I should keep a better eye on you." I chuckled quietly.

After I finished cleaning her up I grabbed some water and lied down in the other medbay chair and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up Sara was still asleep but a couple of minutes later she started stirring. I walked over to her as she started to touch her forehead where she had been hurt.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop." I said taking her hand away from her head and kissing it.

"What happened." Sara asked, squeezing my hand.

"I don't know. I just walked into our room and found your forehead bleeding nonstop. I brought you here and then John came in and apparently you had been taken over by a spirit."

Sara lowered her head and pinched the bridge of her nose. She grabbed my other hand and looked back up, into my eyes.

"My nightmares keep getting worse but this one... I was falling and when I hit the ground my head hit something and started bleeding. That's why it actually happened. That so-called spirit must have caused it. But I'm fine now, okay." Sara stood up and gave me a reassuring kiss.

"I know." I said, pulling her into a hug. "Just promise me you will talk to me about the problems you're facing. Okay?"

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too. So very much." I said, pulling Sara into a big hug.