Singing Canary

Outside POV

Ava and Sara were lying in bed. It was 11:37 pm. Sara was asleep on Ava's arm and tucked into her as the little spoon. Ava was reading a book using the bright moonlight coming from the window. Sara started to turn over and Ava set the book down on the nightstand. Sara faced Ava and opened her eyes a bit.

"Why are you still awake?" Sara asked sleepily.

"Can't sleep," Ava said softly, tucking Sara's hair behind her ear and playing with it.

"Come here," Sara mumbled, grabbing Ava's side and pulling her closer to her.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhh..." Sara did something Ava had never heard her do. She started singing softly.

After a bit of Sara singing, Ava's eyelids grew heavier and heavier until she finally fell asleep. When Sara noticed this she finished the song and fell back asleep too.

Ava woke up around 8:23 am. She turned over to find Sara not in bed. Ava got up and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning, baby," Sara said smiling.

"Good morning, my canary," Ava said smiling as well. "You know, you never told me you could sing!"

"Well, I am the white canary. You might have thought it would have been one of my talents." Sara giggled as she looked down, her cheeks flushing.
"My canary has the most beautiful singing voice ever," Ava said, holding Sara's face in her hands.

"I love you," Sara said.

"I love you too, my canary," Ava said, smiling once again and giving Sara a kiss on the lips.