I'll Try to Keep You Safe

This is set back when Sara was still blind, the night after Ship Broken.

Outside POV

"Sara I just don't understand why you can't follow the rules." Ava raised her voice. "I mean seriously, what happened out there?" She finished her sentence in a worried whisper.

Sara didn't reply.

"Sara?" Ava walked up to Sara who was standing still facing away from her and grabbed her shoulders. But as soon as she did so Sara plunged a knife into Ava's stomach. Sara finally came back to reality.

"What?" She whimpered as she dropped the knife and fell to the ground, scooping Ava into her arms. "Ava? W- what happened?"

Before anything could happen next Ava shot up in bed breaking out in a cold sweat.

Sara turned on the light beside her.

"Ava, it's okay. I'm here." Sara said, rubbing her back.

Ava lied back down letting out a long breath. "Usually I'm the one to get nightmares." Sara chuckled.

"It was just after you told me that we had died and you caused it, it kinda scared me. So I had a nightmare that you murdered me." Ava said, rubbing her eyes.

"Aw, baby. I won't let that happen." Sara said, feeling bad that her visions were scaring Ava.

"But what if it does, Sara. What if somehow you get drugged or you manage to find a way to kill us even though you're blind?"

"Aves..." Sara couldn't help it. She knew that Ava wasn't going to rest the problem and that she couldn't promise anything. She was blind. Sara covered her face with her hand.

Ava grabbed Sara's hand and took it into her own, giving it a kiss. "I'm sorry, baby. I just- I'm scared."

"I know," Sara said, turning her hand and intertwining their fingers. "I will do everything I can to keep myself from doing anything."

Thanks for reading. I'm running out of ideas/motivation so if you could send me requests or prompts through Instagram DMs or Wattpad messaging I would GREATLY appreciate it!
- Izzy :)  

Insta in bio!