The Boat

Outside POV

The Legends had a mission. But they had to get on a boat at the beginning to get to where they needed to be. Sara was scared. She hadn't been on a boat since the Gambit and she didn't want to get on another one ever again. Ava told her that it would be fine for her to stay on the Waverider and Ava would captain but Sara declined.
"I have to be out there with my team and I need to overcome this fear. I have to go and fight. The team needs me." Sara told Ava letting out a sigh.

"Babe. Seriously. You can stay on the Waverider and I can captain. It's okay. You don't have to get on that boat." Ava put her hands on Sara's shoulders.

Sara grabbed Ava's wrists and pulled them down taking her hands into her own. "I'm going."

Ava nodded and kissed Sara on the forehead. She knew the captain was stubborn and she couldn't talk her out of anything really.

The Legends got ready, with their life jackets on, and headed onto the boat. Sara and Ava being the last ones in line to board. Ava squeezed Sara's hand tightly. "I got you." She whispered. Sara's anxiety got worse as she took the first step onto the boat. She froze but let out a deep breath. "I can do this." She thought to herself. Ava patiently helped Sara get onto the boat. They stayed away from the team and anyone else so Sara's anxiety could be a bit better. The boat started to take off and Sara's heart skipped a couple of beats. She squeezed Ava's hand tight and closed her eyes which she instantly regretted. When she closed her eyes all the memories from the Gambit came rushing back.

"No!" She screamed out loud, accidentally. She opened her eyes and fell against the wall behind her and slid down to the floor.

"Sara. Hey, I'm here." Ava said, now squatting in front of Sara.

"This was a mistake. You were right." Sara started crying.

"Hey, hey, hey. You wanted to come on this mission to help your team which was very selfless and brave of you. Even though you're always those things you were even more today. Now I'm going to tell the team not to screw up the mission and we're going back to the Waverider." Ava said, pulling a time courier out of her pocket.

Sara nodded slowly and Ava told the team what to do over her comms and then helped Sara up. They portaled onto the Waverider to their quarters.

When they walked in, Sara sat down on the bed. Ava walked over to her to help her out of her life jacket, which Ava had already taken off hers.

"Thank you for always being there for me," Sara said in barely a whisper.

Ava set Sara's lifejacket on the ground. "Of course, baby," Ava said gently, kissing Sara.

"Will you comfort me?" Sara whispered into Ava's ear the same way she did when she wanted "something".

"Really?" Ava whispered.

"Yeah. Help me forget about that boat." Sara said, raising her eyebrows and pulling Ava on top of her.

Ava smirked and then started passionately kissing Sara.

Also, my lovely friend Morgan (if you follow me on insta you know who I'm talking about) is writing some one-shots on her page timemomss.