28~Can't Wait

Stiles sat on the grass, looking out at the water. A smile came across his face as he remembered the first time he brought Derek to this place. How they swam in the lake, how Stiles found out Derek was into boys, how Stiles was close to being punched by the boy.

He laughed at the memory, and ran his fingers through the water, watching the water splash around.

"I was hoping to find you here" a voice came from behind him, almost giving him a heart attack.

Stiles turned around, and saw the boy he was thinking about just a few moments ago.

"Hi" he said softly, a small smile covering his face.

"Hey" Derek approached Stiles, and sat beside the boy.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles asked, pulling his legs up to his chest.

"Scott told me you were coming here...I mean not here, he said you were going somewhere that meant a lot to you, and since this place means a lot to me too, I kinda guessed you would be here" Derek took a deep breath after finishing.

"Are you okay? Are you done?" Stiles laughed, the rare moments where Derek rambled always put a smile on Stiles' face.

"I think so" Derek avoided all eye contact with Stiles, embarrassed by how he just kept talking.

"Then are you gonna tell me what you're doing here?" Stiles asked, looking at the other boy for a second.

"Are you okay?" Derek turned around to face Stiles.

"Yeah" Stiles said, but Derek wasn't all that convinced.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

"Why do you keep asking me?" Stiles now turned to face Derek, and looked him in the eyes.

"I guess I'm waiting to hear an answer I believe" Derek said in all honesty.

"I'm okay" Stiles said softly, trying to make it sound believable.

"I'm sorry, I don't buy that" Derek huffed, shaking his head.

"I'm serious, Derek, you can go" Stiles stood up, walking away from Derek.

"I'm not leaving" Derek followed Stiles' movements, but stayed a few feet away.

"What are you talking about" he scoffed, turning around with crossed arms to look at Derek.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but you're stuck with me" Derek said, suddenly all confident about the situation.

"Well, I wanna be alone" Stiles told him, walking passed Derek.

"Why? You got something planned?" he asked following behind Stiles, not giving up.

"You know, you are a real pain in the ass" Stiles turned around quickly, annoyance all over his face.

"So are you" Derek raised his voice, only slightly.

"Excuse me?" Stiles crossed his arms, extremely annoyed now.

"Stiles, you eat French fries every day of your life, you don't fill up the car until it starts beeping, you won't admit we're supposed to spend the rest of our lives together, you always forget to lock the front door" Derek sighed, cutting himself off when he saw Stiles' face.

"What did you say?" Stiles asked, still in shock from what he heard.

"About the front door?" Derek smiled a little, realising the part Stiles had heard.

"No" Stiles said softly.

Derek stepped forward, resting his palms on either side of Stiles face. "I don't want to spend another day without you, ever, for the rest of my life"

Stiles had tears forming in his eyes, and let out a small laugh. "I guess, you're a real pain in the ass"

Stiles didn't waste any more time, and leaned forward quickly, capturing Derek's lips. It'd been so long since he'd had this feeling, since he had Derek's lips on his, but at the same time, it felt like it was just yesterday, cause he never forgot the feeling of it.

They didn't stop until Derek's shirt was off, and Stiles pulled back and looked around him. "Are we really doing this out here?" he asked nervously, as he finally acknowledged the fact they were outside.

"I can't wait any longer" Derek rushed out, pulling Stiles shirt over his head, in one swift move.

Stiles pulled him back to him with the back of his neck, placing his lips back on Derek. Whilst unbuckling Derek's belt, he left a trail of kisses in the crook of Stiles' neck.

They pulled back to look at each other, and gave one another a look, conferming that it was something they both wanted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Published~ July 19, 2020