"Let's see Manu." She laughed as if she has just conspired successfully again.

"You are not allowed to call me that."

"You think I care? I never did before and I won't now. You and your foolish mother can die for all I care. You both are poor excuses of Queens."

My body was not in my control anymore as I slapped Queen Adhira cross her face.

She has done enough damage by ruining my childhood. The only time I didn't felt like a big burden when mother died was when father was with me, and all of this is because of her.

She could not process that I just slapped her and instead she slapped me as well. It was very hard that am sure I'll have another hand imprinted on my face.

"You are a witch, a ..." She began but stopped as Aditya, the messenger came.

"Your highness, there's bad news." He tried to catch his breath but still bowed to us.

"What is it?" Queen Adhira asked irritated.

"Arnav's chariot was ambushed."

"What?" We both said.

"Commander sai and his men are preparing to head there now to look for survivors."

My world came crumbling down as I heard the news. Arnav is not dead. I can feel it.

But he'll die if he's not found.

I definitely can't stay and wait for news about Arnav, I will help with the search.

I zoomed back in and heard Queen Adhira wanting to join the search.

"I'll go as well." I said.

She was already speaking with the commander.

"You both can't come because there might be another attack."

"Didn't you say it might be a robbery?" This was Queen Adhira.

"Yes but it might be an attack on the king's life."

"I had told Arnav not to leave that he's just crowned king and something bad could happen to him but he's as stubborn as his father." Queen Adhira complained.

"Sai I don't care, I can protect myself. I'll come with you." I told him.

"Queen Manikarnika don't be stubborn." Commander sai had said.

"No. you, don't be stubborn and let me go with you." I ordered.

"Now you want to show off, you think you can find Arnav?" Queen Adhira said to me. Can't she give it a rest? Her son life is in danger and here she is, picking on me again.

"Queen Adhira, this is not the time. Let's find Arnav first."

She waved me off and walked to the direction that the commanders men are preparing for the search of Arnav. I followed her.

"Don't let her come with us." Queen Adhira ordered and then got on a horse.

"You can't do this to me." I said but she only smirked and went in line with the others and they all left.

No she can't do this to me!
I have to find Arnav if not I'll die.

"What happened to Arnav?" I heard Amoli's voice from behind.

It's now she's coming?

Think Manu. Think.

Yes.

I hurried to the stables to get Priya.

"Kapur?"

"Yes, your highness." He rushed out.

"Get Priya ready quick." I said.

Within five minutes he came back.

"Thank you." I hopped on her and I went to the back of the palace as there was a gate there and am sure Queen Adhira must have asked them not let me out but she don't have time to be able to ask them at the back to not let me out.

"Ramu open the gate." I said to the gate keeper at the back and he did as he was commanded.

I don't know where Arnav went but they do so, the logical thing to do is to follow them behind.

*****

I followed them out of BAHLIKA to mount Shiva were the temple of Lord Shiva is and also were those sent to exile stay.

What is Arnav doing here?

We travelled in the pathway for some time before reaching Arnav chariot. I got off Priya and hid her in the bushes and then sneak closer so they don't see me.

There were lots of injured men there and Vihaan was one of them. There was about twenty men, 17 were already dead whereas the rest were unconscious but Arnav. Where's Arnav?

"Where's Arnav?" Queen Adhira yelled.

Commander sai divided his men into two groups, one looked for Arnav and the other took the 20 soldier that accompanied Arnav.

After twenty minutes of search they couldn't find Arnav.
"We'll look inside the bushes as well." Commander sai told Queen Adhira and then proceeded in the search.

Queen Adhira recited some chants to help Arnav.

Where could Arnav be?

I know in my heart that Arnav is alive but where?

'when under attack and you see that you can't defeat the enemy, flee to the bush if there's one. You live today to fight another day." Father's lesson suddenly came up in my head but why?

'flee to the bush.'

Commander sai is already finding Arnav there, why isn't he found yet?

Maybe they'll need help.

I looked at the bush at my side, they were very tall grasses and the event of what happened the last time I when to the forest came to my mind.

Be brave Manu. Arnav needs you.

And besides, they are just tall grasses and not a forest.

I went in.

I searched everywhere but the grass are everywhere and I can't see a thing. Just then I saw blood and crushed grasses making it have a path and the blood thrilled to the direction so I followed it.

There was lying Arnav's lifeless body and his eyes close not letting me have even a glimpse of his Amber brown eyes.

"Arnav!" I yelled and rushed to his side and shook him.

"I've found him. Help!" I yelled again.

"Arnav you promised me that you'll be the first to apply colors on me. Arnav don't die please." The tears freely rolled down my cheeks and I could feel my hot breath.

"Arnav please say something."
I pleaded with him but nothing.

"Help!" I yelled again. "I've found Arnav!"

"Arnav please open your eyes. I promise I'll never make you upset with me again and I'll be a good sister from now on." But till nothing.

"Arnav you promised. You promised nothing will happen to you and you'll apply colors on me." I sobbed. "Please Arnav."

Suddenly I felt a hand at my back.
"Manu?"

____________________________________

Who was that?

What happened to Arnav anyways?

Well let's check it out on Arnav's POV.

Please please please please, don't scroll or turn over without

Vote/comment/share/follow.