Chapter Twenty Five

Me and Marcus are waiting in the hospital to be called for my first ultrasound scan. I was worried about the media finding out but Marcus said let them talk and don't worry about it.

Despite his reassurance, I still feel concerned on how this is going to look to the public. I can just imagine the articles about me and Marcus Rashford in a hospital waiting room.

"Kylie Kane." A doctor calls out. Many people's eyes land on me and Marcus as we stand up. Whispers echo about the room as we follow the doctor down a corridor. "So I believe this is your first baby Miss Kane?" The doctor looks at me over his shoulder as we continue to walk down the many corridors.

"Yes that's right." I nod my head.

"Okay, we are going to be taking your dating scan today which is your first ultrasound to check up on how the baby is doing and whether we see any problems. However, I wouldn't get too worried about having any serious issues they are rare if you yourself don't have any underlying health issues." The doctor explains. "Now I am Doctor Brown and I will be the doctor that will be helping you through any issues and we will also introduce you to your midwife today."

Marcus wraps his arm around me and we follow Doctor Brown into a dark room.

"Hi my name is Nurse Willoughby and I will be the one taking you scan today, Miss Kane. Would you please lie down on this bed please and lift your top of from your belly." Willoughby sends me a warm smile and directs me to the hospital bed. I lay down and lift my top up just beneath my bra; Marcus stands next to the bed and gives me a look of excitement that we are going to see our baby for the first time.

The nurse begins to rub this cool gel all over my stomach and an odd feeling tingles through my body.

"Okay, Miss Kane, are you ready for me to put the scanner on now?" Nurse Willoughby asks politely.

"Yep." I nod.

She switches a monitor on and places a device on my belly. She begins moving it around on my body. I watch on the big screen as a the colours black and white flicker about. "And there we have your baby, hang on. There's two." The nurse gasps and so do I.

"Twins?" Marcus asks his voice full of disbelief and happiness.

"For sure and it looks like they are both healthy and doing amazingly."

I stare in awe at the sight of two little babies in their individual sacs. I can't believe that I am not just having one baby, but two!

* * *

I look at the pictures from our ultrasound and I hold them in my hand. Marcus comes in with one drink of orange juice for me and a tea for him. I jump up on my feet and Marcus puts the drinks down on the coffee table. "We're having twins!" I squeal getting extremely excited and I run and jump into Marcus's arms.

"Whoa, steady girl." He chuckles as he falls onto the sofa with me still on his lap. His lips kiss my forehead and his arms tighten around me. "We're having twins." Marcus mumbles in my ear.

"I can't believe it, two children that are gonna be running around this place in the time to come. They are gonna have a famous footballer as a dad, how much better can the life be that are ahead of the two."

"Don't forget they have the best mum in the whole world." He kisses my nose and I blush deeply. "I've also thought of a few names for them."

"Like what?" The grin on my face gets wider.

"For a boy either Dion or Jay and for a girl, perhaps Holly or Layla. What do you think?"

"Personally I thought of Ethan or Dylan but I like Dion for a boy. For a girl I like you're idea of Layla."