Chapter Twenty Four

Marcus drives us both to the Manchester United academy and we sign in at reception. I am meeting Ole in his office so he can give me the proper introduction to what things are like around here at United.

I enter the office and my new boss greets me with a warm smile. "Good morning, Kylie, I hope you are feeling good today."

"Yes, I'm excited to get started here at United and get to know the team better. It will definitely be good in experience to see how different clubs function." I eagerly admit as I take a seat opposite the manager.

"Good, good. It's nice to see you so eager to begin your work. Now I have organised for Jesse and Marcus to give you a proper tour of the place as I am aware that you are very close to the two of them, obviously closer to Marcus. Anyway after your tour, Charlie will be training the boys in the gym before lunch and then outside after lunch, so meet him in the gym straight afterwards, please."

"Of course."

"I have nothing left to say to you for now, if you meet Marcus and Jesse in the gym then they will give you the tour."

"Thank you."

"I'll check up on you later, Kylie."

I leave the office and find my way to the gym, which takes me a little while but I manage to get there in the end. I am wearing the Manchester United official training kit and I am getting a couple of confused stares. Harry Maguire and Ashley Young come over to me.

"Flipping heck, Kylie, you working here now or something?" Ashley's eyes look at what I am wearing and raises his eyebrows.

"Well I have moved up here and I got offered a job by Ole, so I took it." I explain.

"I for one am happy that we have a coach who actually knows what she is doing round here." Harry smacks my shoulder.

"Yeah, instead of the bozo Charlie." Ashley rolls his eyes.

"I thought that Charlie was a nice person." I frown thinking of the encounter I had with him when I first came here to see Marcus.

"He is but he can be just...well you know lazy. Half the time we don't really know what we are supposed to be doing. He just tells us to get on with our routines and walks off. Half of us don't even know our routines or whether or not there needs to be any changes."

"Don't worry, Ash, I'll sort things out and get things going properly very soon." I give both of the boys a reassuring look and Marcus and Jesse come into the gym.

"Ky, come here." Jesse calls me over. I go to him and Marcus. "I believe me and Rashbeans are giving you a tour of this place. If you would like to step this way and we will get this tour on the rails."

Marcus rolls his eyes at Jesse being his usual over-the-top self and I smile feeling amused.

* * *

I go over to Charlie. The tour had gone on forever thanks to Jesse and when we made it back to the gym, the boys were deep into training or so it looked like it. "So, what are the boys doing?" I ask my new fellow coach.

"Their routines."

"How many routines have the boys got?" I say another question.

"I dunno, one or two." Charlie shrugs. I am beginning to see what Ashley and Harry meant by Charlie being lazy.

"You don't know."

"Well, how am I? Each person has their own thing."

I sigh as I realise how unorganised this person actually is. "Okay everyone stop!" I yell. Each member of the team stops their training and their eyes focus on me. "For those of you who do not know me, I am Kylie Kane. I work for England and used to work for Tottenham but now I am here for personal reasons. I just wanted to ask, who has a diary or a book that they are recording their progress in the gym?"

"I do." Harry Maguire is the only one that raises his hand. "But that's is only because we had to have one when I played for Leicester and I wanted to keep the same thingy."

"Okay, each of you need to get a book or something to record what you are doing each day in the gym. Now today, carry on with what you are doing but on Wednesday when we are back in here I want you all the have a book and I will split you off into three different routines. For example, one day you will do cardio work that will build up you muscular endurance and cardiovascular endurance, the next time you do gym work you will do weight training to build up your muscular strength and power, and the time after that you will do circuits that will improve you speed, flexibility and your balance."

Everyone seems happy that someone has taken a bit more control than what Charlie has been doing for God knows how long. The team go back to their usual gym work and Marcus sends me a wink. "Why'd you do that for, the boys are perfectly fine with what they are doing." Charlie moans.

"Cos, the boys have no idea what they are doing and don't seem to have any pattern with what they have been carrying out. It's time for some change around here." I walk away from Charlie before he can protest to anything else.

Marcus is doing bench press and I go over to him. "You alright, baby?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I've gotta lot of work to do round here."

"Not surprised, the last fitness coach left cos of Charlie. She tried to get him fired for how lazy he is but no one would allow it so she eventually left."

"I ain't leaving unless it's cos of this baby, I can tell you that now."

"And I don't doubt you."

He lays back down on the bench and I stand by the bar to act as a spotter. Marcus begins to bench press. He gets to his tenth one and struggles quite a bit. I grab hold of the bar and help him lift it back off his chest and onto the holds connected to the bench pressing bench.

Marcus sits up quickly. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Kylie. I don't want you lifting heavy weights. I would hate to see you pull something or strain a muscle." He stands up and puts both of his hands on my shoulders.

"Stop fussing, Marcus, don't worry about me I am fine. I won't hurt myself or do anything."

"Right everyone, get your arses to lunch." Charlie yells and then gives me a slight dirty look.

"Someone ain't happy with you making some changes round here." Marcus looks down at me and gives me a smug smile.

"It's time someone does."

We head to lunch and as I'm waiting in line I have Anthony Martial come up to me. "I was want to say, thank you for joining United and finally we have a coach who cares about what they are doing." He sends me a friendly smile.

"Cheers." I offer a friendly smile back and Martial walks away to go back to his mates behind us in the line.

"Looks like my girlfriend is becoming popular very fast." Marcus wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my cheek.

"Get a room you two." Jesse shakes his head at us both jokingly. Jesse knows about the baby, Marcus told him whilst I was telling my family down in North London. He also told his family and they are all happy for us.

Hiya guys,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The first day of Kylie working for Manchester United officially.

I hate to say it but this story is going to be over soon.

Update next week,

Daisy xxx