Chapter Eleven

It's the first match of the euro qualifiers and it's against Czech republic. We all pile into the changing rooms after warm up and Folly goes to come in too but I stop her. "Sorry, mate, employees only. Go and make your way to the wag section." I give her a sickly smile before going into the changing room.

"Good luck everyone, so the line up in this match is Pickford, Walker, Keane, Maguire, Chilwell, Henderson, Dier, Dele, Sancho, Kane and Sterling. Good luck guys. Those who are playing get changed those who are not make your way to the bench." I wish the boys good luck and my eyes meet Dele's.

He looks surprised that he's starting and I send him a good luck smile.

I head out of the changing room along with all those who are on the bench tonight. As I go to enter the tunnel, someone grabs me and pulls me back. I turn around and I come face to face with Marcus. I shake his hand off of me. "What are you doing? I am supposed to be out there."

"I just wanted to talk to you quickly."

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but I really have to get back." I pace away from him and head to my seat next to Declan Rice.

I have spoken to him a couple of times but have never held a proper conversation with the lad. "You alright, you look a bit frustrated." Declan asks nicely, clearly trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I shrug. "Just a bit stressed that's all."

"I'm sure whatever it is, it will get better."

"I hope you're right."

We stop talking as the two teams begin piling onto the pitch so they can sing their national anthems and then begin the match.

They kick off right on time and the match is away.

It's boring to begin, Dier gets injured and that's about it until the twenty fourth minute draws near Raheem smashes one into the back of the net. We all cheer as they celebrate the first goal of the game.

The game calmed down a bit after that and until the forty fifth minute where Raheem gets through but is sandwiched between two of the Czech Republic and push on the floor.

The whole crowd goes wild at the foul but we are awarded a penalty and the guy who shoved Sterling gets booked. Harry steps up to take the penalty and me and Declan are on our feet hoping that my brother can score another penalty.

He shoots and it goes straight into the back of the net, the goalie diving straight out of the way. We all cheer. The score now two nil to us.

It hits half time and we all go into the changing room. I run over to Dele and give him a huge hug. "Playing well, Delboy." I compliment.

"Thanks, Little Kane." He ruffles my hair as we pull away.

I look over at Marcus who is also in the changing room talking to Raheem, and a look washes over his face as he looks at me and Dele laughing and talking. It's a look of jealousy.

I send him a small smile and he looks away.

I decide to go over there. "Raz an amazing goal. You were just tall enough to get that." I joke.

"Shut up Kylie, I know I'm small."

"At least you're quick then." Marcus joins in.

"Unlike you." I chuckle and Raheem also chuckles.

"I'm faster than you."

"I wouldn't bet on it, Rashford."

"Alright when we get back to the training grounds I challenge you to race. If I win you have to do whatever I tell you for twenty four hours."