Chapter Thirteen

The next couple of days are a little awkward between me and Marcus and it's match day today against Montenegro.

I call out the starting eleven. "Pickford, Walker, Keane, Maguire, Rose, Barkley, Rice, Dele, Hudson-Odoi, Kane and Sterling. Good luck boys, get changed and those who aren't playing, on the bench."

Just like last time I head with the boys through the tunnel and head to my seat but this time instead of being next to Declan, I'm sitting next to Marcus. "You excited?" He kicks off a conversation.

"Yeah, I suppose." I shrug.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I'm excited." I give Marcus a little look. "Anyway, shouldn't you be sitting with, Folly considering the fact that you aren't playing this match?"

"No she dumped me yesterday, said that I wasn't giving her enough attention."

"You mean, she dumped you yesterday cos she's been cheating on you the whole time?"

"No, besides I don't really like her anyway. I met her at a house party at my mates and we just kinda hooked up and..."

"Yup I don't wanna know." I cut him off. "So, you're single then?" I fiddle with my hands.

"For now." Marcus gives me a small crooked smile.

"For now? Eugh, you make me sick sometimes, Rashford."

"No I didn't mean...never mind." He shrugs off a thought.

I go to say something but the boys walk out onto the pitch looking confident.

When the match starts it is only about seventeen minutes until the opposing team get one in. "Fuck sake." Marcus groans.

"Oh, I'm sure if you were out there right now, you would have already scored a hattrick." I send him a sick smile.

"Thanks." Marcus fobs me off.

Then we scored two, taking the score to two - one.

Half time comes and goes and at the end of the match England have the victory of five goals to one.

I have to say it was a rather entertaining match.

I sit down next to Dele on the coach again. "Who's ready for another victory party at the same club as last time?" Kyle yells which earns a lot of cheers from the boys including Dele.

"You coming, Little Kane?" Dele questions.

"Probably not, don't fancy another hangover."

"You don't have to drink."

"And I don't have to come. I rest my case." I fold my arms.

We get back to the hotel and everyone else goes to get ready for the party. I go back to my room and throw on a pair of ripped blue jeans and an off-the-shoulder, white, knitted sweater.

I head to the restaurant to get something to eat and I sit down at a table to order a Spaghetti Bolognese.

I get my phone out and begin to play crossy road. "You still play that game?" A voice makes me jump from behind me.

It's Marcus. "Yeah, I'm still shit at it though." I chuckle slightly as my character gets squashed by a car.

"Mind if I join you?" Marcus indicates to the chair opposite me.

"Alright. Anyway, how come you ain't at the party?"

"Didn't really fancy driving back to Manchester with a hangover."