Chapter Twelve

I get placed on my feet and I am in an alleyway. "Ky? Babe?" An Northen-ish voice breaks the silent air.

My eyes focus on a gentle face of Marcus. "Marcus." I breathe.

"It's okay, he's gone. I'm here now." His arms wrap around my body and my face goes into his chest. His familiar scent fills me and I calm down.

We then pull away and he uses his hand to lift my chin up. "Thank you." I whisper.

"Anytime." Marcus's thumb runs across my bottom lip. "You're bleeding."

I look up into his eyes as he studies my face. "How can I thank you enough?"

"You don't have to do anything. I want that race though, tomorrow." Marcus chuckles and a small smile on my face appears.

"Yes."

"Do you wanna go to the party or do you wanna go back?"

"No, I wanna go to the party. I wanna get my mind off of it." I step away from Marcus and make my way out of the alleyway.

"Ky, wait, are you sure?"

I wipe the remaining blood from my lip with the back of my hand. "Yes."

I head my way to the club, Marcus is on my tail and we step into the building. Music blares and makes a vibration across the whole room. I spot Harry and go over to him. "You alright? Why is your face bruised and your lip bleeding?" Harry interrogates examining my face with his eyes full of concern.

"I'm fine it was just an accident. I need a drink." I shrug Haz away and walk over to the barman.

"What would you like young lady?" The man asks.

"Vodka and a cider please."

"Coming up."

Marcus comes over. "I just told Harry what happened."

"Why?" I spit.

"Cos, he's your brother and he asked me what happened to your face and I told him the truth."

"Fuck sake." I groan and turn to get my two drinks.

"They both for you?"

"Yes." I pay the barman and take a seat at a stool.

"Is that wise, Gareth told us not to drink too much."

"Live a little yeah, Marcus." I gulp down some vodka. Then some more and more until the whole glass is gone. Marcus stands by and watches me in worry. "Piss off, Rashford, haven't you got a girlfriend to find?"

"She didn't want to come, said that she's meeting up with a friend."

"At this time, she's cheating."

"You just don't like her."

"And I don't think you do either." My words begin to slur as the vodka kicks in.

I down my cider and get off the stool and head onto the dance floor, I find Raz and Kyle jumping up and down like two idiots. I stumble into them. "Woah, Ky, what have you done to your cheek? It's swollen." Raheem looks at my cheek.

"A man hit me." I slur and lean into Kyle.

"What man? Do you want me to beat him up?" Kyle holds me up.

"Nope, Marcus care of it took." I hiccup.

"How much have you had to drink, Kylie?"

"Not much, just some cidker and voder. No I mean, cider and vodka."