Chapter Two

The first half of training goes well and at about half twelve I let the boys go for their lunch break. I walk off with them and head to the canteen.

I grab a sandwich and sit down at a table. At first I am alone, but soon enough Dele, Sonny, Harry and Winksy join me.

All four boys are chatting among themselves but every now and then out of the corner of my eye I keep seeing Dele glancing at me with either worry or curiosity.

In an attempt to put a stop to Deles questioning looks and occasional glances I speak up. "Hey, Sonny, has anyone ever taught you how to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?" I smile.

Son looks at me with a huge frown. "Huh?"

"You know, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?" My brother joins in.

"What is this word?" Son lets of his unique screech of a laugh.

Dele stays quiet, which is unusual, normally it's shutting him up that's difficult. I nudge his ribs a little. "Maybe Dele can teach you how to say it."

Dele gives me a warning look. "Nah I'm alright, I could do without the struggle."

"Why not Del?" Winksy pipes up clearly catching on to the fact that Dele can't say the word.

"Cos..."

"Wait you can't say it can you?" Hazzer also catches on to what I hinted at.

"Maybe." Dele mumbles.

Both of the Harrys snicker under their breaths. The next half an hour and the rest of our lunch was taken up with teaching both Dele and Son how to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I zone out through most of it and return to almost silence and only chuckling a little when Dele or Son would really struggle to pronounce the word.

When lunch is finally over I call everyone to go back outside. Everyone puts their plates away and any food scraps go in the bin before they each head outside to the training pitch. I also head out there too.

"Right boys, for now just do some slow passing and dribbling exercises between you guys for the next hour as I don't want anyone of you throwing up your lunch." I command. "I just need to go and find Poch.''

I make my way back into the building and all the way to the manager's office. I knock on the door and I get told to come in. "Oh hello, Kylie." Pochettino greets me with a small smile. "I am so glad that you're back."

"Thank you." I return the smile.

"Have a seat and what can I do for you?"

I take a seat. "I just wanted to know where Jack is." I explain.

"Oh, he has gone on holiday with I think his girlfriend. I allowed him to take his holiday days."

"Thanks, that's all I wanted to know." I smile again and get up out of the chair.

I go to walk out but he calls my name. "Kylie."

I turn back round to face him. "Yeah?"

"Are you sure that's all?"

"Yup."

"Okay, I'll be out in about half an hour to see how the boys are getting on."

I nod my head before stepping out of the office.

Now I know where Jack is I feel somewhat better, but now I have to survive for the next two weeks with hardly any help to run training sessions for a whole football team.