Chapter Eight

I am laying on Dele's bed as he plays Fortnite on his PS4. "So you don't think that you two will ever be friends again?"

"Yeah, if we were, then I think that I have blown any chance that I had." I moan knocking my head against Dele's knee in distraught.

"Wait, you still have feelings for him, don't you?" Dele looks down at me with shock evident on his face.

My cheeks turn red and I look away from my best friend. "I might do."

"Kylie?"

"Okay, yes I do. But one can't help who they fall in love with." I defend fiddling with my hands a little.

"Yeah, I suppose. Does he have feelings for you still?"

"He says he does, but I don't believe him." I huff.

"Wait, so you're telling me that Marcus fancies you and you fancy him?"

"Yes, but I don't think that he does, I think that he is just saying that he does to get me back."

"Shut your mouth Kylie Kane. You are wrong and you know it. It takes a lot for a guy to pluck up the courage to tell a girl that they like them, especially a guy like Rashford. He's a quiet lad, so for him to tell you that he still loves you is a huge step for him."

"I suppose, but I don't feel like I can trust him anymore. He's broken my heart once and I'm scared that he might do it again. I don't wanna get hurt again, Del."

"You won't. Cos if you and Marcus do get back together, he'll think about what he say and does more than last time. If anything he will be more protective and caring." Dele is focusing on the screen and is killing a guy as he comforts me.

"So, do you really think that there is still a chance for me and Marcus to be back together just like before?" I say after five minutes of silence.

"I believe so. But the question is, do you and does Marcus?"

That question has me put into deep thought. Is there a chance that me and Marcus could get back together? Do I believe that there is such a chance? Does he believe?

"Well if there is such a chance, I will just have to wait for that moment to come around."

"It will, little Kane, plus you will be spending a lot more time with each other now that we are here back and forth throughout the year."

All what Dele has said is true, me and Marcus will be forced to spend more time together, more time than we had in Russia. This means that the chance I have with there being another me and Marcus is most likely bigger than I originally anticipated.

For the rest of the week we muck about, I train the boys and Gareth warns us about the upcoming matches against Czech Republic and Kosovo on the 22nd and 25th of March. Therefore Gareth has said that are next training camp will be in a couple of weeks on the 18th of March until the 26th of March to ensure that the boys are fully up to standard for their first two Euro Qualifying matches.

I am finishing off packing my stuff when someone walks into my room. It's Marcus, the one who I would least expect to come into my room.

I give him a questioning look. "I am sorry for breaking your heart. I am sorry for hurting you so much. I am sorry for not calling you. I am sorry for not texting you. I am sorry for not talking to you or giving you a proper explanation as to why I dumped you. I am sorry for whatever else I have ever done wrong to you. I have been a stupid prick for the past six months. All I am asking is for us to perhaps start again. Completely start again."

This sudden outburst from the boy catches me slightly off-guard. I look up into the irresistible eyes of Marcus Rashford. "Hi, I am Kylie Kane, younger sister of Harry Kane and best friends with Dele Alli." I hold out my hand for him to shake.