Chapter Twenty

Jesse and Harry block me from view as the boys are called for lunch and we wait until Marcus has walked away before we slowly begin our way to the canteen.

The two boys lead as I have no idea where I am going and Jesse can't stop giggling. This man is so immature for his age I swear but then again some may say so am I.

If I'm honest my nerves have calmed down a lot and in fact I'm kind of excited to see Marcus and be able to talk to him in person.

"Jesse you need to stop giggling you're gonna give Kylie away too early and it'll ruin everything." Harry slaps Jesse around the head.

"Alright mate, calm down, gees." Jesse rubs the back of his head from where Harry just smacked him.

We reach the canteen. "Right here's the tricky bit, we gotta make sure he don't notice you too quickly otherwise it won't be as fun." Harry explains.

"But the thing is he won't be looking for her so if he does see her out of the corner of his eye, his brain won't register it unless he properly sees her." Jesse tells us.

"Right can we just do this." I get a little impatient with the waiting around.

"Let's go."

Jesse pushes open one of the doors to the canteen and enters with me right on his heels. Harry is right behind me.

My eyes see Marcus and he's queuing up to get food. The three of us join that line. I pull my hood up to conceal my face from everyone a bit more and hopefully it will make me more unnoticeable.

The line moves slowly as each member of the United get their lunch. We finally get our food and means Jesse get a sandwich and Harry gets a salad.

We all take a seat on a table kind of near Marcus but not too near. "Ky, put your hood down cos now is the time to see how long it takes him to realise you are here." Jesse pulls my hood down and I take a bite of my own sandwich.

Ashley Young joins us and it takes him a second to realise that it's me. "Kylie, hi. Jesus I didn't recognise you it's been so long since I last saw you." Ashley gives me a high five. "Does Marcus know you're here, he said that yous were back together?"

"No he ain't noticed me yet." I take another bite of my sandwich.

"He's gonna go nuts when he sees ya." Ashley smiles.

"Don't we know it, he don't shut up about her half the time." Jesse adds also eating his food.

"He will notice in a minute."

My eyes watch Marcus and he looks in our direction and then away. Then I see him frown and look back over. "Shit!" He yells.

I get up on my feet as he does and he runs over to me with the highest grin. I get lifted up and twirled around by Marcus and I hold onto him tight.

I am placed back on my feet and I hardly get my breath back before he kisses my lips. "How long have you been here?" He cups my cheeks.

"Ages beans, can't believe that you didn't notice her." Jesse pipes up.

"Fuck, really? Oh my days, how did I...I'm so sorry, baby." Marcus laughs clearly not believing that I am here and he pulls me into his chest tightly.

We pull apart. "I've missed you." I kiss his lips again.

"I've missed you too much. Why are you here?"

I hesitate a second before answering. "I have something to talk to you about."

A worried look crosses Marcus's face. "What?"