Chapter Seven

I open my eyes as my alarm goes off at half seven. Just like at the world cup, breakfast is at eight and I have to begin training at nine.

I do my usual morning routine and slip my trainers on. I check the time and it is ten to eight. I leave my room and head down to the restuarant to get my breakfast.

My eyes wander round the restuarant, none of the team are here yet apart from one.

Marcus Rashford.

Of course it had to be him, the only one who is up just had to be that someone.

He's getting some food. I go over, my heart beginning to thump faster the closer I get to him. Then I am right next to him. He looks down at me but I avert his gaze and get a plate. "Morning." Marcus mumbles.

I want to hug him. I want to wrap my arms around his waist and for him to kiss my head. But I can't, I have to keep myself to myself and resist any temptations.

I nod back at Marcus but I am unable to say something to him. I reach for the crossants and as my hand touches a crossant but as I do so another hand touches my own.

My hand jolts back as electricity bolts through me and a blush creeps up onto my cheeks. "I'm sorry, here." Marcus hands me the crossant.

"Thanks, Rashford." I look up into his eyes as I take the food from him. A look of hurt flickers across his face as I address him as his last name. I place it on my plate and move over to the bacon sandwiches. I take one of them and before getting a glass of orange juice.

I look over to the door of the restaurant and Dele and Harry enter.

I nod towards an empty table and Dele sticks his thumbs up getting the message. I take a seat at the table and I wait for the boys to get their breakfast. As the boys sit down opposite me the restaurant begins to fill up more with England football players.

"Are you okay, Ky?" Harry asks as I take a bite of my bacon roll.

I nod in reply. "Has he said anything to you yet?" Dele inquires nudging his head in Marcus' direction.

"He said 'morning' to me but that's it." I shrug.

We continue eating our food and having conversations about stuff.

After breakfast we head back to our rooms to get our stuff to take to the England training grounds as we have to walk there. It's only a five minute walk from the hotel so me, Dele and Harry have decided that it will be better to walk rather than drive in our cars.

I grab my rucksack and fling it over one shoulder before I walk out of my room. I turn the corner but as I do so I bump into a chest. A familiar scent of sweet smelling cologne fills my nostrils. I look up at the person and of course it had to be him.

"Sorry, that's my fault I wasn't looking where I was going." I mutter my apology.

I go to walk past him but he grabs my hand and stops me from walking away from him. The same electric feeling jolts through me and I look up at my ex-boyfriend in slight confusion. "Kylie," Marcus says my name softly which makes me flinch slightly as a dull pain shoots through my heart as I realise how much I actually miss him. "I need to talk to you."

Should I? Raheem said that I should and that it is inevitable and will most likely happen at some point. I kinda have to admit that I would like to talk to him and maybe even get on good terms with him again.

"When?" A sort of impatient tone comes out.

"Perhaps after training?" His Manchester accent is crisp and cute which really makes that longing feeling explodes inside my heart.