Chapter Eighteen

We arrive back home a day before all of us are due to go back to training. "Look, I'll see you very soon okay, I promise." Marcus kisses my lips and wraps his arms around me and kisses my head as my arms wrap tightly around his waist.

"I am gonna call you everyday and there is no way you are getting out of it, Rashford." I giggle.

"Don't worry, I'll answer."

I kiss him again. "Kylie, come on I have got to get you home." Dele beeps his car.

Me and Marcus say our final goodbyes and we go our separate ways. I get in the passenger seat of Dele's car and he begins the journey back to mine.

"Are you feeling okay?" He inquires taking a turn onto the motorway.

"Yeah fine, why?"

"No, no I was just asking." I know Dele is hiding something but I am too tired to pry.

I rest my head against the window and I fall asleep immediately.

* * *

I pull up to the training grounds and get out of my car. I head into the building and go to the reception to sign in. I sign my name in the register and go to set up the stuff for the boys first training back.

I lift a ball bag over my shoulder, like usual, and get a box of bibs. I take them all the way outside and see that trining goals are set up either end. "Jack!" I spot my best friend and he comes over and gives me a big hug.

"Hiya, you enjoy your break?" He has a big smile on his face.

"Yeah it was amazing, how about you?"

"Yep, let's just say it was interesting." Jack smirks a little and I make a disgusted face.

I throw the box of bibs and the bag of balls down onto the grass and me and Jack share conversation and catch up with each other as we wait for the team to begin turning up to training. Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld at the first arrive and they greet me and Jack with friendly high fives.

Dele and Sonny come in not long later and Son gives me a huge hug. Dele isn't far behind him and also gives me a hug. "You feeling okay, little Kane?" My best friend ruffles my hair.

"Just fine." I send Dele a weird look.

"Good." He ruffles my hair and sends me a smile.

Haz comes in a little while later and soon the whole first team is here, ready for training.

The session goes by quite slow of I'm honest and at the Nd of a long day I feel absolutely shattered.

Dele helps me get all the balls and bibs back in to the storage cupboard and we walk back to our cars.

"You wanna come back to mine? Me and Eric are gonna have a quiet night in." Dele offers.

"Nah I'm alright, I'm absolutely shattered. I think I'm still a bit tired from all the travel from yesterday, maybe another time." I yawn.

"Alright, I'll see ya tomorrow, little Kane." He pays my head and shuffles away to his car to drive to his and I go to my own car to begin my ten minute journey back to my flat.

When I get into bed, as soon as my head hits the pillow I am out like a light.

* * *

It's been a few weeks now since the holiday and I get up slowly from my bed.

I head to my bathroom but as I walk down my hallway a sick feeling fills my stomach and I leg it to the toilet.

I throw up. The acidic bile stings the back of my throat as it continues to spill from my mouth. I do the best that I can to hold my hair back as more and more is forced out of me.