Chapter Ten

I get down to breakfast at seven and take a seat next to a yawning Jesse, but to my delight Marcus comes over and sits next to me. "No girlfriend this morning then Rashford." I remark taking a bite of my croissant that I got from the buffet.

"Nah she's still asleep." Marcus replies.

"Oh shame." Dele pipes up from behind me with a full plate of food in his hand. "I really wanted her to be here." He chuckles as he takes the other seat next to me.

"Yeah same." Jesse joins in.

"Real mature guys." Marcus mutters.

Dele begins scoffing his face with the mountain of food on his plate. "You alright, Delboy, are you pregnant or something?" I gape as my best friend continues to shovel various foods into his mouth.

He doesn't reply he just continues to shove food into his mouth. When Harry joins us he just stands staring at Dele.

"He's pregnant." I state and Harry just nods and takes the seat next to Jesse opposite me.

Dele finishes his food quicker than I can finish my one croissant. My best friend lets out a loud burp and rests back into his chair. "Done."

"You are rank mate, absolutely rank. You have ketchup on your omelettes and eat a full English in like thirty seconds." Jesse recoils in disgust at the boy.

"Oh no not that again, it is not disgusting to have ketchup on an omelette Jesse, it is amazing." Dele waves Jesse off.

Everyone just goes back to eating and when I'm done I grab my plate and take it to the dirty plates trolley.

Then me and Dele walk out of the restaurant together. "What are you gonna do now?" He questions.

"I dunno."

"Fancy a kick around before training starts?"

"Are you sure that's wise? I mean you just ate a full English breakfast in like two minutes and now you're asking to have a kick around."

"Yeah." Dele nods looking genuinely confident.

"Okay...but if you throw up all over me, I am gonna fucking kill you."

"You can try, Little Kane, but you won't succeed."

"Yes, but have you ever heard the saying if at first you don't succeed, try and try again? That's what I'll do until I finally kill you."

"God, sometimes you can be fucking scary."

I shrug him off. "Right let's go to our training grounds."

We go back to our rooms first to make sure we have everything and then head straight off to the England training grounds which is only a five minute walk from out hotel.

When we get there I unlock the cupboard and get out a bag of footballs and a stack of cones, as usual. "Oi, grab that blue box for me there." I ask Dele.

He does just that and then me and him make our way to the training pitches. I change into my football boots whilst Dele does the same but he also puts on his shin-pads.

"Why're you putting them on?"

"Cos I don't want you kicking me in the shins and fucking them up."

"Oh fair." I send him a cheeky grin and I stand up to stretch out a little before we begin to play.

I grab a football and pass it to Dele. He passes back and so on. Then we started booting it at each other quite hard.

When the time hits ten to eight most footballers are here now and when I'm not looking Dele boots it straight at me and the ball smacks me in the upper thigh. "Right that's it, Alli, this ball is going in your face." I boot the ball but Dele ducks it and the ball flies right into someone else's face.