Chapter Fifteen

Marcus comes out into the garden also with swimming trunks on.

I can't help but stare at his bare top half and see all his new tattoos over his body.

"Yo Rashbeans," Jesse yells at Marcus and I tear my eyes away from his irresistible top half. "Come join me on my flamingo." This makes us all chuckle and send weird looks in Jesse's direction.

"That sounded like a really shit pick up line." Dele gives Jesse a slightly scared look and pecks his leg with the head of his flamingo.

"I'm fine Jesse, I'd rather not." Marcus shakes his head and then glances in my direction.

I watch Marcus as he calmly gets in the pool and relaxes by the edge. Dele and Jesse go back to their stupid game and I bobble over to Marcus.

When I reach him, I use the head of the swan to bop him on the top of the head. "Hey." Marcus smiles up at me.

"Hey Rashy." I beam back down at him.

"Can I join you?" Marcus questions referring to Billy the swan.

"Sure, hop on."

Marcus swims round to the side of the swan's round seating section and gets onto the inflatable. I fall back a little as the back sinks a bit under Marcus's weight.

His hands push me up straight before I fall off and my heart skips a beat underneath his touch.

"Right, where are we going?" Marcus inquires.

"Over to Delboy and J-Lingz." I announce squealing.

"Let's go." We begin paddling with our feet over to Dele and Jesse.

"Hey, guys." I shout.

"Hey, have you two come to join our game?" Dele questions.

"Sure." Marcus shrugs before I could deny.

"Okay, so instead of pecking each other, we should try and shove each other off," Jesse suggests. "You and Marcus can stay on the same one considering the fact that me and Dele are gonna thrash the both of yous."

"Keep on dreaming." I mumble rolling my eyes playfully.

"Okay, people in your positions." Dele waves us away and tells us to spread out.

"Alright peeps, on your marks, get set. Go!" Jesse yells.

We all charge towards each other and me and Marcus collide hugely with Jesse.

I fall back slightly and my hands grab onto Marcus's legs but I quickly remove them as electric buzzes through me.

Jesse falls into the water with a massive splash and the rest of us laugh at Jesse's infuriated face as he swims back up to the surface. "No, no, no that ain't fair." Jesse gets angry.

"Shut up, mate. It's fair and you know it." Marcus points out.

"Yeah, it ain't our fault that you fell off yours when we tapped you." I giggle.

Jesse goes to argue back but he's interrupted by Dele belly flopping onto our inflatable and making me and Marcus literally ping off the back and into the water.

It goes all up my nose and I feel someone pull me up to the surface with them. I look up at Marcus whose arms are around my waist.

He doesn't move his arms and I decide to not pull away this time but lean into him and embrace this sweet moment.

I cough a little and wipe and remaining water from my face. "I won." Dele stands up and flexes his muscles.

No one says anything to Dele we just pull a grumpy face.