Episode 32: NILSSON'S POV

We stopped kissing and the feeling was amazing. I opened my eyes and I saw her eyes closed, I kept admiring the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. The look of her eyes, her hair, her nose, eyebrows, lip. Perfect.
She slowly opened her eyes and looked into mine, I could look into those eyes all day. I'm sure I love her and I was gonna let her know.

" I--" I stopped, hearing the leaves rustling. I looked over ELVA'S shoulder and saw Lian standing few meters away with his naughty smile.

"Sorry to ruin the moment. My bad. But Nils, the lawyer is waiting. He said you wanted to see him." Lian announced then winked at Elva before turning  around.

" I'll be there." I told him and looked at Elva.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yes. It's just something I need to ask Lian and Geoff, but I don't know if it'll work out." I answered.

"Don't worry, Nils. Everything will be alright."  Elva said with a smile on her face and that just made me smile too.

"C'mon, let's go." She said and pulled me along with her as we begin to walk back to house.

             *                  *                         *

  Everyone else is seated but I was standing about to explain to them why I called the Lawyer.

" I've been broken ever since I lost my parents. This house brings me no joy, all it had in it was pure sadness. Sometimes I wish I had died too, but not until I decided to bring Ulian into the house to stay with me." I began.

" I've made two best decisions my whole life and that's the first one. Then bringing Geoff here is the second." I said and looked at Lian, I've never seen him this serious and Geoff has this proud look on his face.

"You guys brought back every good thing I lost. Things I never thought I could get again. Things I thought I've-- I've lost forever. I love you guys and we'll forever be brothers." I said pointing at the two.

"I love you too Nils." They answered in chorus.

" I'm going to make two decisions here today, but the lawyer is actually here for one and I hope I won't regret them. I should have told you guys about this but.... I just don't know how to say this."

"What I'm about to say now is just.. it's a choice and we'll remain family even if you reject it." I said.

" Just ask and let's settle this. Fred's hungry." Lian said, looking at his empty wrist pretending to check the time.

"Alright." I said and took a deep breath.

"Will you guys please take Adkins as your last name?" I announced and I could hear my heart pounding real hard.

Lian has this surprise look on his face but Geoff is even more shock about this. Even Elva is surprised.

The lawyer dropped the paper on the table and stood next to me.

"Come forward and sign if you accept this. The lawyer said.

Lian stood up and walked up to me, he has this anger on his face right now. I'll gladly accept if he punch me. Suddenly, he raises his fist in the air and I closed my eyes out of reflex. But to my greatest surprise, I felt Ulian hug me and I didn't hesitate to do the same.

"You're a true brother." Lian whispered into my ear.

"I love you." He continued.

"I love you too, bro." I replied. He took the pen from the lawyer and signed, I was so happy.

Then I looked at Geoff who's still sitting.

"Geoff?" I called out and tears rolled down his cheek.

He stood up and ran upstairs.

"Geoff, wait up." I wanted to go after him but Lian stopped me.

" Let him go. He just needs to be alone." Lian said and I felt bad about all of these.