Episode 29: ELVA'S POV

" How come you guys are brothers but your last names are different?" I asked Lian.
I can see his head drop as I asked , even the bike is not moving as fast as before.

"Ulian Graham, Geoff McIntyre and Nilsson Adkins." I hear Lian said, then he pulled over and took of his helmet and I can see total sadness on his face. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up.

"My mom and Nilsson's mum were siblings and our fathers were close friends as well, more like brothers too." Lian said and smiled as he looked at me.

"So every last weekend of --- of the month we get together, sometimes the water side, sometimes the park." Lian said.

"Then one Sunday we decided to take a trip out of town, Nils didn't go with us because he was in the team then and he had a match." He continued as tears rolled down his cheek. I never believe Lian could cry.

"Hey.. Hey. It's fine, if you don't want to talk about this." I said, as I held his hand.

"It was a deer who jumped into the road from the woods, my dad swerved trying not to hit the deer and a van zoomed from nowhere and hit us so hard. I was the only survivor in the crash."

"I'm so sorry, Lian." I held his hand more tight. He hummed and wiped his tears.

"Nilsson and I began to live together ever since. Then one night Nilsson brought Geoff into the house. It was snowing and he had no place to stay. His mom is dead and his father doesn't even care about him, so he left home." Lian continued his story, looking more composed.

   Truly my parents don't stay around that much but I don't think I'll survive without them.

"Can we go now?" Lian asked, smiling as he placed his helmet back on his head.