"Not my brightest moment"

Start from the beginning

    "Lucy!" I hear her voice yell. My head turns toward the Starbucks where she stands. Her highlighted hair is curled, dark sunglasses sitting on top of her head. She wears light-colored  ripped jeans, a white loose-fitting shirt, and magenta colored flats. Let's just say that I'm the edgier child. Wait i don't have to say because I know it.

    I roll my suitcase behind me until I meet her.

    "Hey Anna," I grimace and stop the suitcase behind me.

She smiles widely, "Are you hungry? We can grab something on the way to mom's."

I shake my head, "I'm not going to mom's. I'm staying at dad's."

"Right!" she laughs, "Sorry!" I stand there awkwardly. We never see each other and everytime we do she's like "Mom this, mom that, blah blah blah." We start walking out of the airport and to her car.     We get to her white ford explorer after walking around the busy parking lot for five minutes.

    "I can take that for you," she grabs my seat and opens the back of her car. I say thank you and walk to the passenger door. I open the door, making sure not to hit the one next to us, and sit down on the brown leather. Am I going to have to get a car once the baby's born? God I hope not. Car's are expensive. Children are expensive.

    "What's the look for?" Anna presses the push start. I shake my head and buckle myself in.

    "Let's get going shall we?" I state trying to break the silence. She puts the car in reverse and I mentally prepare myself for this hour-and-a-half drive with her.

----------

    The radio getting turned on is what wakes me up.

    "Sorry for waking you up," she glanced over at me, "Your snores and people honking were driving me insane. 

    "It's fine," I yawn, "How much longer until we're at dad's?"

    Her eyes go to the gps, "Thirty minutes." I nod and rest my head against the window. The sun is starting to set. Orange, pinks, and blues fill the sky.

    "So," her voice drags, "I heard you have a new boyfriend."

    "No boyfriend," I mumble, still staring at the sky.

    "Dad said you had one, What's he like?" her fingers tap against the wheel.

    "I'm talking to this guy, and he's nice" is all I say. I can see her head turn and look at me.

    "Boring."

    I sit up, "He's not boring." She smiles, but keeps her head straight on the road.

    "Then tell me about him?" she lifts her left hand up slightly, "How'd you meet him? Is he ugly?"

    I smile to myself, "One he's not ugly, and you've met him. Grant Hollis. I dated him in highschool."

    She nods and hums, "I remember him! He came over all the time during your freshman year. Didn't you guys break up?"

    "Yeah we did, but a few weeks ago we ran into each other at my friends party."

    "Oh fun! What ever happened to that one guy? The one the family met a couple years ago? Branden was his name right?"

     I shake my head, "Braden, but close enough," I pick at my cuticle, "He cheated on me at my friend's wedding."

    Her mouth falls open, "No!"

    I nod and give a tight-lipped smile, "Yep, I caught them in the bathroom."